Shroud bug

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
flyinturt

Shroud bug

Post by flyinturt »

In a shrouded map, on discovering an enemy ("Enemy unit sighted, press t to continue"), immediately clicking on that enemy will result in the game exiting. Happens all the time
scott

Post by scott »

While we're talking about shroud bugs, when you uncover a hex where there is an invisible enemy, you get the "Enemy unit sighted" message. Try playing "Elf War 2: Revenge," which has an entire level of fighting hidden rangers in the forest, and you will see what I mean.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Theri is bug I think: I moved my unit, and information "3 enemy units signed" - I saw only 1 unit! What happened? 2 units was in ambush im forest. I think game is couning all units in range of sight, eaven invisible units.
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

I think elves have the advantage to see ambushed elves in the night... Humans cant, I checked it out ^^...

And I dont see any error...
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Okay I've fixed this problem with invisible units being 'sighted'.

Can't reproduce flyinturt's bug though: flyinturt, what version and platform are you using? Is there a console message when it quits?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
flyinturt

Post by flyinturt »

sorry for the late reply.. i am using 0.8.8 on Winxp sp2.

a standard window error dialog box will appear:
wesnoth.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience .. blabla