SotBE mission 3 possible bug - recalling units

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Noxos

SotBE mission 3 possible bug - recalling units

Post by Noxos »

I just installed latest version of Wesnoth 1.11.16 and started the revamped SotBE campaign. I had several level 2s at the end of the first scenario "End of Peace" but am unable to recall anyone. I skipped the Human Army scenario and went stragiht to "Towards Mountains of Haag". Bug or intentional? Read around a bit and it looks like I should be able to recall.
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Re: SotBE mission 3 possible bug - recalling units

Post by mattsc »

That is definitely not intentional. One unit is automatically recalled at no cost and placed next to the leader, but the rest should be there on the recall list.

I just tried it myself and cannot reproduce this. Can you reproduce this somehow, maybe by replaying the last turn of the first scenario? If so, could you post or send me the savegame and instructions how to reproduce the problem?
Theron

Post by Theron »

I also cannot reproduce this on Wesnoth 1.11.16.
My recall list is fine.
Noxos

Post by Noxos »

Ok so I tried to reproduce it (sorry just now reading the "must read" thread :p), it seems to be linked to the save I made after finishing the scenario but before moving on to the next. If I try to continue the campaign from that save it will not let me recall. If I load from the last turn it will.

Attached are both of these saves.

OS WinXP 32 bit.
Attachments
SotBE-End_of_Peace-Auto-Save22.gz
(31.9 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
SotBE-End_of_Peace_Turn_22_finish.gz
(38.68 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

Thanks for posting these replays. I can confirm that this happens in 1.11.16+dev as well. I will see whether I can figure out what's going on here sometime later this week.

Update 28 Sep 2014: It turns out that this has nothing to do with SotBE, but is a general bug in 1.11.16. If you save a game in linger mode and then reload this save, the recall list is gone at the beginning of the next scenario. I'm not qualified to fix this, but I have identified where it was introduced and the right people will be looking into it. So most likely this will be fixed in 1.11.17.

Update 10 Oct 2014: This bug has now been fixed by LovCAPONE in commit 8144514393.