Alliance mode bug?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Feldegast

Alliance mode bug?

Post by Feldegast »

=> Linux version

In "undead campaign", second scenario, I could not attack the orc units from blue team (those from the east and the very south). The units from the third Orc chief were attackable.

The same happens in multiplayer mode. Sometimes the units of computer player cannot be attacked, although they are opponents, not allies. They attack my units, but I cannot attack them.
Circon

Post by Circon »

This is not Linux-specific. Here's a copy of what I posted under the release announcement for V0.6.

Before playing the second scenario of the Undead Campaign, go to the folder where you installed wesnoth. Open folder "data". Open folder "scenarios". Open "The_Skull_of_Agarash".

Around line 31, there will be this:

recruit= Dark Adept,Ghost,Walking Corpse,Skeleton,Skeleton Archer
enemy=2
gold=120

Make an edit in the middle line and remove the third so that it reads

recruit= Dark Adept,Ghost,Walking Corpse,Skeleton,Skeleton Archer
enemy=2,3,4

I'm fixing this at home. The reason that this occurred is that I was not able to playtest the level, because I had made a mistake creating the map file.
My fault entirely.
Thank you for noticing this again.

Also, there's another bug: If the Dark Spirit kills something with the wail attack, another Dark Spirit will be created. Luckily this is partly countered by another bug: You don't lose the scenario if (any one of) the Dark Spirit dies.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Circon wrote: Also, there's another bug: If the Dark Spirit kills something with the wail attack, another Dark Spirit will be created.
Well this happens because Wraiths have the 'plague' ability. We may remove this ability from Wraiths, because it is rather powerful.

David
Circon

Post by Circon »

My comment wasn't on the Wraiths having that ability, but on the fact that this creates another hero.
Wandering off topic:
New Unit for the Dark Spirit. Copy the wraith, change plague to slow.
For the wraith, change the 3-3 (or whatever the wail is) to 6-1. Unless you already have multiple wraiths, it is now more difficult to use this ability, because you have to kill with it.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

The alliance bug will be fixed in 0.6.1.

I assume the scenario is meant to be over if the Dark Spirit dies? If so, I will also fix this in 0.6.1. I may also remove plague from wraiths.

David
Feldegast

Re: Alliance mode bug?

Post by Feldegast »

Feldegast wrote:=> Linux version

The same happens in multiplayer mode. Sometimes the units of computer player cannot be attacked, although they are opponents, not allies. They attack my units, but I cannot attack them.
Still true for 0.6.1. I notice the colors chosen in the Game Lobby don't match those in the game. And (somtimes?) at least one computer player is treated as any ally, but should be an oponent.
Dave
Founding Developer

Re: Alliance mode bug?

Post by Dave »

Feldegast wrote:
Feldegast wrote:=> Linux version

Still true for 0.6.1. I notice the colors chosen in the Game Lobby don't match those in the game. And (somtimes?) at least one computer player is treated as any ally, but should be an oponent.
- the colors don't work at the moment.
- can you give specific steps to reproduce the ally bug?

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Feldegast

Post by Feldegast »

0.6.1 (Linux): 100% reproducible.

> Multiplayer
> Host Multiplayer Game
> Random Map > OK
> Change 1st player to "Computer Player"
> Change 2nd player to "Computer Player"
> Change 3rd player to "me"
> I'm ready

2nd computer player units have blue spheres and are allies. I didn't change any other settings in the Game Lobby. 2nd player should be opponent Team 2 (1st player is Team 1, me is Team 3, all Elves by default).

Turns out that if 2nd computer player has color "blue" in the Game Lobby, his units have blue spheres and he's an ally.