Problem with teams

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Kepler

Problem with teams

Post by Kepler »

I created a map to play on multiplayer.
In this map there are places for two teams, one to the south (time 1) and another north (time 2). But when I play, even if I put my position being number 2, I keep playing to the south, while the north would be right. If I put 1, will play south.

Another problem is that the settings made ​​in the direct source does not affect the game. As you can see in the image:
Already saved the code and reopen the game, but does not work. Should I do anything else?

I created the map using the editor's own Battle for Wesnoth 1.11.6
Attachments
maps.rar
Map file I created
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Problem with teams

Post by Iris »

Kepler wrote:Another problem is that the settings made ​​in the direct source does not affect the game.
Do you have “Use map settings” selected in the MP game configuration screen before that? You might also want to look into the *_lock options at the end of the SideWML documentation.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Kepler

Post by Kepler »

shadowm wrote:Do you have “Use map settings” selected in the MP game configuration screen before that?
This activated. Deactivated to see what happens and still does not work as I like.
shadowm wrote:You might also want to look into the *_lock options at the end of the SideWML documentation.
I read, reviewed and do not believe that is the case.
I'm not using any of these settings you mentioned.
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Kepler wrote: Another problem is that the settings made ​​in the direct source does not affect the game. As you can see in the image:
Make sure to set the user_team_name to something *not* empty.The display string comes from that variable. The other one is just internal use. That is: remove all variables that you do not know / actually use. Your cfg file seems to be really full of stuff not required for "just a map". Maybe this already helps at least with understanding what you want to achieve with the map / scenario.