Crash in Win-0.6.exe

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Bazarov

Crash in Win-0.6.exe

Post by Bazarov »

Crash occurs when first scenario is finished, post the dialogue for completing.
Visual C++ Runtime Libary:

Runtime error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Battle for Wesnoth\wesnoth.exe

abnormal program termination

(Win2000, build 2195, just used the default Win-0.6.exe binary, and yes, I do have Microsoft Visual C++ installed on machine)
Error occured multiple times (reloaded from autosave). Had 1 'extra' unit (a Scout) will try without the unit. )
Bazarov

Crash

Post by Bazarov »

Crash also occurs without any units (besides Konrad and Delfie, of course).
methinks

Post by methinks »

Yeah I've noticed that one too already psted it in a thread started by someone else.
Now, just let us wait for Dave coming up RAGING AND YELLING WHY THE **** DID I PROVIDE YOU WITH SNAPSHOTS AND CANDIDATE RELEASES??!!??!!
*ehm* sorry :/ didn't have time to playtest all those versions
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

See http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/forum/phpB ... =3112#3112

I believe this bug is entirely my fault, as I don't think it was present in any of the Release Candidates.

David
methinks

Post by methinks »

To all lurkers:
I was joking, Dave is a sensible guy and we all praise and admire him, even if the bug did occur previously he wouldn't be so (c'mon Dave, put this chainsaw away, I've told them, Dave!).
Last edited by methinks on December 12th, 2003, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

methinks: It's no problem, I was just letting everyone know that their testing effort is appreciated, and the bug was entirely my fault :)

Thanks for catching the bug so quickly!

And, if the bug had been in all the RCs, I probably WOULD have come yelling exactly that :-p

David
Feldegast

Post by Feldegast »

Dave, in the future, could you please increase the version number instead of just modifying the source package silently? Your fix is important enough to distinguish the fixed version from the first 0.6 release. Thank you!
miyo

Post by miyo »

Feldegast,

we have clearly stated that 0.6 was hotfixed [1]. We are working on 0.6.1 but that will take few days.

There are most likely few users who have bad version of 0.6 and who have not yet updated - this is not good for us - though I think majority of users have the hotfixed version of 0.6.

- Miyo

[1] fixed without increasing version number