Wesnoth doesn't start up.

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Zlob

Wesnoth doesn't start up.

Post by Zlob »

Hello. I have same problem as here:http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36608
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Version of Wesnoth: 1.10.1
Everything is same until I remove preferences. Then, I get this in stderr.
Spoiler:
I don't know when the files could get corrupt, because I had a 2 weeks or so break in playing.
EDIT: After I delete cache files, the game starts properly, but laurels around accomplished campaigns are gone. :cry:
EDIT2: Thanks for answering. Mass of advices on what I should do is astonishing. :annoyed: Guess I will have to complete campaigns once more.
JaMiT
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth doesn't start up.

Post by JaMiT »

Zlob wrote:EDIT: After I delete cache files, the game starts properly, but laurels around accomplished campaigns are gone.
The laurels are controlled by the preferences file, which sits in the userdata directory (next to the cache, not in the cache). Deleting just the cache should not remove your preferences. :hmm: Did you lose your saves as well? If so, then it is likely you deleted all of userdata instead of just the cache (and possibly deleting just the cache would allow Wesnoth to start again).

If you actually need to delete the preferences file, then yes, your laurels will be gone (because you deleted the record of them).
Zlob

Re: Wesnoth doesn't start up.

Post by Zlob »

Yes, I needed to delete preferences. Okay, thanks for answering anyway.