Legend of Wesmere - Elvish Treasury broken

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
jdr90000

Legend of Wesmere - Elvish Treasury broken

Post by jdr90000 »

Scenario 04 Elvish Treasury is quitting with an "Unknown Scenario" message. I'm on a Mac 10.6.5 running 1.9.3. There was a different bug in 1.9.2 - when Elvish Treasury started all of the characters had been returned to Level One and the computer AI was controlling Kalenz and co.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Re: Legend of Wesmere - Elvish Treasury broken

Post by fabi »

jdr90000 wrote:Scenario 04 Elvish Treasury is quitting with an "Unknown Scenario" message. I'm on a Mac 10.6.5 running 1.9.3. There was a different bug in 1.9.2 - when Elvish Treasury started all of the characters had been returned to Level One and the computer AI was controlling Kalenz and co.
Hello jdr90000,
I am working on it.
Please confirm that the error has gone with the upcoming 1.9.4 release.
SereneTempest

Post by SereneTempest »

I'm still getting the same error, using Mac OS X 10.5.8. This is with a game I'd started with Wesnoth 1.9.2, and then downloaded 1.9.4 to continue it.
Attachments
LOW-The_Elvish_Treasury.gz
(17.31 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Unfortunately this type of error would still exist in your save.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

here's it fixed (unpack it previously)
Attachments
LOW-The_Elvish_Treasury_.zip
(17.43 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
jdr90000

Post by jdr90000 »

The Elvish Treasury bug is fixed - thanks!

A few other things: Cleodil is unable to cure poison -- when she's next to a poisoned unit they take no damage at the beginning of the next round. Perhaps her healing and the poison are canceling each other out rather than her curing ... -8 + 8 = 0? There's also some weird text in her description box on the battle screen.

Second, and perhaps I'm deranged, but it seems to be more or less impossible to get to the Chief in "The Chief Must Die" scenario. There's a radius around the Chief's castle that's very difficult to breach without the wolves sniffing you out and coming directly to you. I'll keep trying, but damned if they don't seem to have quite the radar - perhaps this is intentional and I'm just not getting the knack of it. I played this scenario a year or two ago in an earlier version and I don't recall it being nearly this difficult to get in - getting out was another issue.
jdr90000

Post by jdr90000 »

Ah, never mind my note about The Chief Must Die. I am indeed deranged.
jdr90000

Re: Legend of Wesmere - Northern Battle broken

Post by jdr90000 »

Another one: In "Northern Battle", the scenario quits between the end of Turn 1 and Landar's first turn with the message "No objectives available"
maelynnwolertz

Post by maelynnwolertz »

I have the same problem as jdr90000 with the Northern Battle Scenario. Right in between my Northern Ally's turn and Landar's turn after my first turn, it says, "No objectives available." It saves the game as "turn 1" even though turn 1 was not fully completed and neither of my enemies took an actual turn. And, though it ends up looking like it should be the beginning of turn 2, the little circles above the hp that show whether one's troops have moved or not are not there as if the troops belonged to someone other than me, and I cannot move my troops.

I am on a 2008 Macbook that is running Leopard with the OS being 10.5.8. The version of the Wesnoth I am playing is version 1.9.3.

Any input you would have would be great. Thanks!
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

The "Northern Battle" bug is fixed, before the release of 1.9.5 iirc.
maelynnwolertz

Post by maelynnwolertz »

Thanks, Fabi.

I downloaded the 1.9.5 version of the Battle for Wesnoth. It did fix the problem with the "Northern Battle" scenario.

As a head's up, I just got to the "End of War" scenario under 1.9.5. It popped up a similar error in a similar spot: "No Objective," but then it wanted me to play Landar instead of Landar being played by the AI. So, I can play the rest of the scenario on through, but I figure this might still be an active bug. I tried to play it under 1.9.3 as well with the same results.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

maelynnwolertz wrote:Thanks, Fabi.

I downloaded the 1.9.5 version of the Battle for Wesnoth. It did fix the problem with the "Northern Battle" scenario.

As a head's up, I just got to the "End of War" scenario under 1.9.5. It popped up a similar error in a similar spot: "No Objective," but then it wanted me to play Landar instead of Landar being played by the AI. So, I can play the rest of the scenario on through, but I figure this might still be an active bug. I tried to play it under 1.9.3 as well with the same results.
So you report the campaign being playable in single player mode on 1.9.5 at normal difficulty beside the last scenario?