no touchpad input linux mint BfW 1.6.5?

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
steve19137

no touchpad input linux mint BfW 1.6.5?

Post by steve19137 »

i have a dell mini 10v with linux mint 9 fully updated with BfW 1.6.5 installed. i am able to set the resolution of the game with the "--resultion" option in command line, so thats fine, but when i go to play the game, it finds the cursor, because buttons highlight when i roll over them, but i get no response when i click. i get full response when i use an external mouse and display. any other details i can provide?

i have also tried playing the 1.8.1 and i get the same thing.
steve19137

Re: no touchpad input linux mint BfW 1.6.5?

Post by steve19137 »

i also get the same results in my desktop ubuntu with an external mouse. i have read here (http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27800) that i have to downgrade sdl, but that particular package isnt in the ubuntu repositories, nor am i running arch linux. please help!
steve19137

Post by steve19137 »

i would like to provide a true fix to this issue for those who are running ubuntu, linux mint, or any other linux debian based distro that supports adding ppa:blahblahblah/blah type repos.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ajmitch/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade
this should fix the problem without having to downgrade libraries or disable compiz, or other screwy loopholes.
Christheturtle

Post by Christheturtle »

Are you sure it's Linux Mint 9? Last time I looked it was only released to Linux Mint 8 Helena. I could be wrong, but I'm sure It wasn't even that long ago.
www.turtlenetworking.co.uk - 25% completed. Adding more servers. Looking for volunteers.
steve19137

Post by steve19137 »

yep, i was running mint 9. it was released just recently, so that may be the reason you dont know about it. it is based off ubuntu 10.04.
eamonsloane

Post by eamonsloane »

steve19137 wrote:i would like to provide a true fix to this issue for those who are running ubuntu, linux mint, or any other linux debian based distro that supports adding ppa:blahblahblah/blah type repos.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ajmitch/ppa

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade
this should fix the problem without having to downgrade libraries or disable compiz, or other screwy loopholes.
What exactly does that repository contain?

*edit*
well, whatever it contains, I used it, and I can vouch that it works to fix the no-mouse-input problem.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

A patched version of libsdl1.2debian 1.2.14. Debian has both 1.2.13 (which doesn't have the bug) and the patched version of 1.2.14. For some reason, ubuntu still has only the unpatched 1.2.14 in 10.04.