Cannot connect to server anymore since 1.7.8 release

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
MattGambler

Cannot connect to server anymore since 1.7.8 release

Post by MattGambler »

If this is a topic discussed elsewhere, I must have missed it. If so, feel free to delete this one and send me a message with a link or something. Thx!

I found this amazing game about three weeks ago (jayisgames), now you got me.
I played 5 or six campaigns, some skirmishes vs AI, and finally felt ready for connecting, playing with others.

Worked fine, I played some matches, but since 1.7.8 i cannot connect to the server anymore.
Do I need 1.7.8?
Is this a common thing or am I the only one experiencing this?

Am I just too dumb to see the obvious?
Interesting fact: I can connect to the alternate two servers - where nobodys online.
If this is kind of an technical issue, i would be happy to help you help me with whatever information you need about my software, errormessages, chickenwings, ..and stuff.

Amazing game btw! :)

Matt
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Cannot connect to server anymore since 1.7.8 release

Post by Velensk »

For the development versions you must have the latest release in order to connect to the server because people connecting with separate versions causes problems.

For what it is worth, if you play on the stable version instead you will find that the majority of the players play on it.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Are you using still using 1.7.7? If so you need to upgrade to 1.7.8.

The 1.7.x releases are development versions and not compatible between versions.
The 1.6.x releases are stable versions and compatible versions.

We're getting close to 1.8.0 (1.7.8 being the first beta) so best upgrade to 1.7.8 and
the releases after that.
MattGambler

Post by MattGambler »

okay, thanks a lot!

(hope its more like a patch than like a new game. I like the green lorbeer-caesar-things around my campaign icons :P )

greez

Matt