Legend of Wesmere (LoW) known issues - 1.7.6

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Crab
Inactive Developer

Legend of Wesmere (LoW) known issues - 1.7.6

Post by Crab »

1)
Problem: LoW 4 and after: right-click menu entries 'ask leader of side X to move here' persist across scenarios (allowing funny stuff like ordering enemy leaders around)
Fixed in: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/wesnoth?view=rev&rev=38917
How to fix: replace data/core/macros/ai.cfg with http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/w ... ?rev=38917 , and play LoW 3, LoW 7, or LoW 15 from start-of-scenario save (i.e. if you're in LoW 4, play until LoW 7, and after LoW 7 the problem will go away)

2)
Problem: LoW 9: Cleodil and Landar are absent (and the text says that they're left behind to protect the Ka'lian)
Fixed in: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/wesnoth?view=rev&rev=38918
How to fix: replace data/campaigns/Legend_of_Wesmere/scenarios/09_Bounty_hunters.cfg with http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/w ... ?rev=38918 and reload from start-of-scenario save.
Kazdum

Re: READ FIRST - Legend of Wesmere (LoW) known issues - 1.7.6

Post by Kazdum »

Does this also fix the 'two landars' issue I see later on in the campaign? I noticed Landar was missing from the level you mentioned, but then he showed up as a level 1 archer on the next level. Later on in the 'Human Alliance' level of LoW, I started off with Landar and then the elven reinforcements showed up on turn 6? and Landar was with them as well. Two Landars, both causing a loss if they die. The extra Landar shows up on later levels too. I call one the 'good' landar and one the 'bad' landar. I'm thinking this fix would take care of this problem as well.
Crab
Inactive Developer

Post by Crab »

Kazdum wrote:Does this also fix the 'two landars' issue I see later on in the campaign? I noticed Landar was missing from the level you mentioned, but then he showed up as a level 1 archer on the next level. Later on in the 'Human Alliance' level of LoW, I started off with Landar and then the elven reinforcements showed up on turn 6? and Landar was with them as well. Two Landars, both causing a loss if they die. The extra Landar shows up on later levels too. I call one the 'good' landar and one the 'bad' landar. I'm thinking this fix would take care of this problem as well.
Yes, (2) fixes this. The second Landar (...he showed up as a level 1 archer on the next level...) is spawned by failsafe code which ensures that you have all needed units if you skip levels via :cl ).
Faryshta

Post by Faryshta »

I found a very, very small bug and only visual.

In LoW 5 if you got a horse to get the gold but killed the enemies before the horse get to the sign spot, then he will keep the image of the gold during the next scenario.
Attachments
LOW-Acquaintance_in_Need.gz
For version 1.7.6
(15.56 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Beakwudge

Post by Beakwudge »

I found the multiple Landar bug, except worse. Over the course of the entire campaign I managed to get 3 Landars, 2 Cleodils, and 2 Olurfs.
boru

Post by boru »

In the final two scenarios, I had two Cleodils and was battling two Landars, one of which was a level one archer. I also had multiples of many of my units (with differing names) in the final scenario.

In scenario 22, I was able to recruit more than just "decendants of shamans" but also scouts, archers and fighters from previous scenarios.

Playing Wesnoth 1.7.7 on Mac OS 10.6.1

Checking my Console, I have been repeatedly getting the error message:

Code: Select all

11/19/09 4:39:13 PM	[0x0-0x11f11f].org.wesnoth.Wesnoth[18669]	(process:18669): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_covers: assertion `PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed
Actually there are dozens (maybe hundreds?) of error messages in here. I'm not a programmer so most of this stuff is beyond me. Here's some that look significant:

11/19/09 4:28:06 PM	[0x0-0x11f11f].org.wesnoth.Wesnoth[18669]	20091119 16:28:06 error display: Tile at -999,-999 isn't on the map, can't scroll to the tile.

11/19/09 4:35:14 PM	[0x0-0x11f11f].org.wesnoth.Wesnoth[18669]	20091119 16:35:14 error engine: failed to auto-store $unit at (-999,-999)
There are console errors for specific units too, such as:

11/19/09 4:37:48 PM	[0x0-0x11f11f].org.wesnoth.Wesnoth[18669]	20091119 16:37:48 error engine: Trying to add Eowen - Elvish Shaman-1045 - 1045 (23,7) over Eowen - Elvish Shaman-1045 - 1045 (42,29). The new unit will be assigned underlying_id=2069 to prevent duplicate id conflicts.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.