[Unresolved] Modding the game multiple questions.

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
paladinj

[Unresolved] Modding the game multiple questions.

Post by paladinj »

Is there a way that I could modify the game in order for there to be no upkeep fee for any faction? Including enemies?
Also, is it possible to let me fight a scenario as long as I want? e.g how can I remove the time limit from the first mission of HttH?
Is it possible to make all units able to recruit easily?
Most importantly however, how can I add missions or change the objectives to a campaign map, there seems to be nothing I can do in the editor after I load the .map files, are the .cfg ones I should look at? I can't open them with the editor however.
Thank you very much for the help!

Paladinj,
Last edited by paladinj on May 7th, 2009, 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JW

Re: Modding the game so that there will be no upkeep fee.

Post by JW »

paladinj wrote:Is there a way that I could modify the game in order for there to be no upkeep fee for any faction? Including enemies?
Also, is it possible to let me fight a scenario as long as I want? e.g how can I remove the time limit from the first mission of HttH?
Is it possible to make all units able to recruit easily?
Most importantly however, how can I add missions or change the objectives to a campaign map, there seems to be nothing I can do in the editor after I load the .map files, are the .cfg ones I should look at? I can't open them with the editor however.
Thank you very much for the help!

Paladinj,
You could edit the unit.cfgs to make all units have to Loyal trait. Your game wouldn't be compatible in multiplayer then though. A more complex way would involve altering the scenario files and adding some fancy WML that I can't tell you that would add Loyal to all recruits.

For removing time limits, you have to alter the scenario files. I don't know how to make it unlimited, but you can always just increase the max turns to like 100 or something.
paladinj

Re: Modding the game so that there will be no upkeep fee.

Post by paladinj »

By scenario files do you mean the .cfg files? I opened those and removed everything in the first part to do with 'Time runs out' I think that this was the initial objective message though, do you know the format or have any advice on how to find the right section of the .cfg files? If I add loyal traits to all units will it replace something else?

{TURNS 16 14 12} Is this it by the way? how should I edit it?
Mist
Inactive Developer

Re: [Unresolved] Modding the game multiple questions.

Post by Mist »

See that "Create" link at the top of the page? Read through articles there and you'll find all the answers you seek.
Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep.
Disorder.