User identification with local userlists

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Udi

User identification with local userlists

Post by Udi »

Hi! I want to ask, if it is possible to check the user/password pairs with a local list, not with this forum list. The Hungarian community (wesnoth.fsf.hu) has over 250 registered users, and we have a Hungarian multiplayer server too. Is it possible, to launch the server with a switch which points to a plain text file or a php file, which looks for the data, and returns it back? The passwords would be hashed of course. If yes, than what specifications should I use, to create this list?
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Re: User identification with local userlists

Post by Baufo »

Hey Udi!

I see you also run a phpbb forum like this one here. If you want to use your forum accounts on your mp server you can just compile with forum_user_handler enabled (forum_user_handle=true in scons, sorry I don't know about the other build tools). Then put a [user_handler] section into your server configuration file like this example (of course use the real values).

Code: Select all

[user_handler]
	db_name=phpbb3
	db_host=localhost
	db_user=root
	db_password=secret
	db_users_table=users
	db_extra_table=extra_data
[/user_handler]
Otherwise you will have to write your own user handler class. (I'd be glad to assist you with that.)

Good luck :)
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde