Absolutely No Keyboard Input (Fixed?!)

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
qemqemqem

Absolutely No Keyboard Input (Fixed?!)

Post by qemqemqem »

I thought it was weird that this game had no hotkeys until I realized that it did, and it just completely failed to get keyboard input. Even game save rename boxes I can't type in. Is there a fix for this?

This might be an OS specific problem (Ubuntu Linux), but I've never had problems with other games or fullscreen applications.

BTW: This is probably the most addictive game I have played on the Linux platform, although the campaigns are ballcrushingly difficult.

Edit, Fixed: in an effort to get a proper error, discovered that this bug can be fixed by running from terminal. Leaving this post here in case others have the same trouble. Feel free to delete.
qemqemqem

Re: Absolutely No Keyboard Input (Fixed?!)

Post by qemqemqem »

The problem seems to be that rather than Wesnoth capturing keyboard input, it goes to whatever application is underneath, and you can send keyboard input to Wesnoth through the terminal if it is the last open application. Perhaps this is a trouble with the WM Compiz?
qemqemqem

Re: Absolutely No Keyboard Input (Fixed?!)

Post by qemqemqem »

It appears that I not only need to open it via a terminal, I also need to type during the load screen. I have no idea why. I guess I solved my problem, but I'm not sure I helped fix a bug. Oh well.