no hp bar at night

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
appleide

no hp bar at night

Post by appleide »

There are only hp bars beside a guy in day time, not dawn, evening, or night. Why is that? I am using version 5 and have a 400 mhz computer with mac os x and 300 + meg ram
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Can anyone reproduce this problem? I can't. Can you post a screenshot?
appleide

Screenshot

Post by appleide »

The screenshot is in pdf format
it is in http://www16.brinkster.com/appledie/Picture%205.pdf

thanks

p.s is the status/command bar on the left of the screen normal?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

When I try to access that URL, I get the error message,

Code: Select all

HTTP1.1 STATUS 403 Remote Access to this object forbidden This file cannot be directly accessed from a remote site, but must be linked through the Brinkster Member's site. 
KoS

Post by KoS »

When I try to access that URL, I get the error message,
I just SHIFT+Click-ed and I got it...
hook

Post by hook »

wow!
that screenshot looks foo :D ...not only the statusbar (the "..."s) but i think also the textures aren't exactly as they should be
miyo

Post by miyo »

I have seen this in past with older version of Wesnoth running in Debian GNU/Linux (Sarge). I will check if problem still exists on it with latest release of Wesnoth - when I have access to that machine again =)

- Miyo
appleide

Post by appleide »

For the hp bar thing, is it because the green, yellow, red thing representing life is behind the white background?
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Both the hitbar problem and the elipsis problem have occurred in older versions? Which version are you currently using (crosses fingers and hopes it isn't 0.5)?

I have just compiled 0.5.1 and uploaded it so you can now download that from the binaries page or:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/wes ... _0.5.1.dmg

Any chance you could have a look at the new version and see if the problems are still there?
ultraviolet

reproduction of hp bar problem

Post by ultraviolet »

I'm a new user, and I was just logging into the forums to report a problem that sounds like the same one in this thread, so I'll post it here as a reply.

My system:
Battle for Wesnoth (embedded) version 0.5.0
Mac OS X, version 10.2.7
PowerMac G4, Dual 1.25 GHz, 2 GB RAM

I find that in full screen mode, I have white hit bars, instead of the green/yellow/red indication of how many hp are left in the staff of each unit. The orb on the staff is drawn correctly, and I think the height is correct (it should be proportional to total hp?), but it is just white. I have not noticed any correlation with time of day in the game, but I can check. However, I have found it occurs only in full screen mode, so now I play only in windowed mode, which seems an acceptable workaround. I do have the problem at all video settings (resolutions and numbers of colors).

I think I also have what Sithrandel is calling the ellipsis problem, which I will post as a separate thread with screenshots. I'll also take a peek at the 0.5.1 link Sithrandel posted and check it out.
ultraviolet

Post by ultraviolet »

Just tried Sithrandel's post of 0.5.1, but still have the white hitbars and ellipsis. Also, it looks like my experience does agree with Appleide, it seems the hitbars are correct in daytime turns, and white in all other turns.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Well done Ultraviolet - you are right. I tried in Fullscreen and saw the same problem. Looks like windowed mode is a problem again. I do tend to play windowed... must go into fullscreen more often. Sadly less time for playing recently :-(

Thanks for the info... will look into it... in the meantime best stick to windowed.
appleide

Post by appleide »

I never played windowed, thanks for the work around.
Aleksi
Music Contributor

Post by Aleksi »

Hello, i'm coming back to the Life bar problem being white. Is the problem fixed? I'm running the last version on OSX and its still like this. :cry:

Aleksi.
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

It's been this way since i started playeing in 0.6.1, and abviously even earlier. The current CVS says that Dave has attempted to fix the bug occuring in OS X, we'll just have to see how it work when Sithradel ports the next release. The good news is that it is being worked on.