network play quirks

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
jake

network play quirks

Post by jake »

I found a few strange things when playing over the network using win98 and winXP playing the windows binary version 0.5

1) when hosting a game, if you choose a map, or are waiting for another to join, you cannot cancel until after the game starts.

2) when hosting you choose a race for the person to join on the lan, which it would seem to make more sense just creating a slot for them to join.

3) Then they have the option on connection to be an observer, or the race the host selected. Right away, they get a choice of all the races, right after they chose the race the host picked.

4) There was a folder created on my desktop named userdata and in it, it had the file preferences, which was almost like the /westnothInstalledDir/userdata/preferences only it had just the options music_volume and sound_volume. I deleted the directory, and since then playing the game did not recreate it.

5) For number 4, would that be trying to create it's own preferences for each user? If so, why wasn't it saved to the directory that my HOME environment variable is set to?

keep up the good work, it's a fun game!

jake