problem compiling SVN (r26382)

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
turin
Lord of the East

problem compiling SVN (r26382)

Post by turin »

For the last week or so, I've had problems compiling the latest SVN checkout. The errors have been getting progressively worse. Most recently, on trying to run

Code: Select all

scons wesnoth wesnoth_editor prefix=/home/turin prefsdir=.wesnoth
I got this:

Code: Select all

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Saved options: prefix = '/home/turin'
Checking whether C++ compiler works (g++ version >= 3.3 required)... (cached) no
Base prerequisites are not met.
Which is, of course, absurd. I have g++ 3.4 and 4.1. And I've never had any problems compiling Wesnoth before. So does anyone have any idea what is going on? Is the command I'm using to compile (the "scons" line above) incorrect somehow? Or is SVN broken at the moment?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: problem compiling SVN (r26382)

Post by Iris »

Try using the "--config=force all" parameter. I had the same issue before updating to scons 0.98.3 btw.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm (now available for Wesnoth 1.14.x and 1.15.4+).
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Shadow Master wrote:Try using the "--config=force all" parameter. I had the same issue before updating to scons 0.98.3 btw.
OK, yeah, that does it.

Could you explain to me exactly what that's doing to allow me to compile, though? I don't really like the idea of "forcing" the computer to do something I don't understand. :lol2:
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Post by loonycyborg »

It forces config checks to be rerun. Due to bug in scons 0.97 caching of config checks was broken. It's fixed in 0.98 and I've removed TargetSignatures() call that was triggering it so it shouldn't occur in 0.97 anymore too.
"meh." - zookeeper