Known Bugs

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
Dave
Founding Developer

Known Bugs

Post by Dave »

This thread is for all known bugs in the current version. Please post known bugs as replies to this message.

The current bugs I know of are,

- sometimes strange horizontal lines are drawn across the screen
- there is a crash in version 0.3.5 (but I'm not sure about 0.3.4), it happens when right-clicking the mouse, I think, but haven't been able to reproduce it.
- if you mess with the configuration files, the game is fairly likely to crash.

Any crash bugs will naturally be of particular interest.

David
Dorgendubal

Re: Known Bugs

Post by Dorgendubal »

Dave wrote: - there is a crash in version 0.3.5 (but I'm not sure about 0.3.4), it happens when right-clicking the mouse, I think, but haven't been able to reproduce it.
David
I confirm. If i right-click the mouse and then another time, it crashs.
It also happens if i right-click the mouse and then left click out of the menu window.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I have checked in a fix to a problem that *may* have been causing that crash. But I'm not sure, because the crash only ever happened twice for me.

Would you be able to get EDIT: Use version at http://wesnoth.whitevine.net/files/wesn ... .10.tar.gz instead, and tell me if it still happens, Dorgendubal?

David
Dorgendubal

Post by Dorgendubal »

I got compilation errors but I solved the problem, executing "make clean" before the compilation.
I have checked in a fix to a problem that *may* have been causing that crash. But I'm not sure, because the crash only ever happened twice for me.
You solved it! The bug does't occur any more.

P.S. : Good idea to add elven allies in the 1. scenario. It was too hard (before) for a 1. scenario.
Dorgendubal

Post by Dorgendubal »

I found a bug in version 0.4.10:
The game was saved at the end of the scenario 8.
But I could not load it. I got the error "file corrupted".

The storing procedure seems to work for saves during the scenario but not at the end of a scenario. Or maybe, the restore procedure look for "review" steps, but there isn't.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

This bug has been solved and the fix will be available in the next devel version. You can see the patch to fix it at the following url: http://user.sgic.fi/~crossbow/wesnoth/game.patch

David