Scenario 24: Battle for Wesnoth

Feedback for the mainline campaign Heir to the Throne.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Scenario 24: Battle for Wesnoth

Post by Konrad2 »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

1.15.1, Champion (Challenging)

(2) How difficult did you find the scenario? (1-10)

(3) How clear did you find the scenario objectives?

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Clear.

(5) What were your major challenges in meeting the objectives of the scenario?

None.

(6) How fun do you think the scenario is? (1-10)

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

-

Scenario stats:
Spoiler:
Campaign stats:
Spoiler:
Attachments
HttT-The Battle for Wesnoth replay.gz
(64.26 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

Poison

Post by Poison »

(1) What difficulty levels have you played the scenario on?

1.14.7 Challenging, 958 starting gold, barely enough.

7? 7. Just spam guardsmen... ermm thunderers I mean (since I couldn't spam guardsmen anymore). An occasional knight won't hurt.

Clear.

(4) How clear and interesting did you find the dialog and storyline of the scenario?

Clear.

Shielding heroes properly.

8, thunderers hitting is so satisfying.

(7) What, if any, are changes you would have made to the scenario to make it more fun?

-

(8) Was there any event that caused you to lose the game and forced you to reload or restart the scenario?

Yes, once I got breached and a horseman reached Lisar hitting two out of two. Even in my second attempt all i was left with was heroes.

Campaign stats:
Spoiler:
Attachments
HttT-The Battle for Wesnoth replay Poison.gz
(72.37 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Zrevnur

Post by Zrevnur »

Content Feedback wrote:
March 8th, 2006, 10:08 pm
(1) What difficulty levels and game versions have you played the scenario on?
1.14.9 Challenging (in Ironman mode), first and (so far) only play of this scenario
Content Feedback wrote:
2, very easy, it would have been near impossible to lose; due to no need to preserve units its too easy with recalls
Started with ~900 gold which was enough for 41 recalls
Also note that I played very badly on the scenario before and I would have had even more gold otherwise.
Content Feedback wrote:
Very clear but I didnt trust it. Wesnoth scripters are (unfortunately) known to do arbitrary unpredictable scripting (which is inconsistent with the basic game rules) which I dislike. It is supposed to be a strategy game not a guess-the-scripter game. So while technically it was 'very clear' in the context of a) it being too easy b) there being such occurrences c) this being the supposed 'grand finale' I expected 'something to happen'
Content Feedback wrote:
Clear yes but I dont like the overall storyline much and I think its between lame, childish and silly. I also got this impression for this scenario.
Content Feedback wrote:
None.
Content Feedback wrote:
5. Its different in that I dont need to preserve units. Which makes for a "refreshing gameplay".
Content Feedback wrote:
a) Reduce the distance between own keep and water by a lot to make it sensible to get Merfolk into the water. I think players should be rewarded for keeping them alive for so long. This is for 'fluff' and not for gameplay though.
b) Make it more difficult. Make the map larger. Increase starting keep size so that the player has options other than pure turtle. Logically I would also expect for the queen to have more income or for there being a threat of her main army arriving. This isnt properly consistent with 60 turns. Not trying to say there should be a limiting turn limit but that the low income doesnt make much 'fluff' sense.

Edit: Figured out how to attach replay.
Attachments
HttT-The Battle for Wesnoth replay.gz
(90.99 KiB) Downloaded 49 times