[Historical] Campaign-Rebirth of the North

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

I don't know what to say JimBass. Once again I opended your savegame and it worked perfectly... And I don't think anyone else is getting this problem either. The only thing that I could suggest is to play it using the 1.1.12 develpment verison of Wesnoth, since that is what I am using and like I said, I am experiencing no problems. Otherwise, quite frankly, I just don't know. And from the sounds of it, you are probobally more qualified to solve this problem then I am. If you can find what is causing this problem then let me know...

Sorry I am not able to be much help in this case...
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
JimBass

Post by JimBass »

As per your sugestion, I "downgraded" to the development branch of 1.1.12 from 1.3, and my own save was fine. In 1.1.12 the game proceeds normally, with the remainder of the white skeletons attacking, then it moves on to being my turn.

I am fine with that, as I just want the game I had been playing to continue. I do suggest that at some point you try playing under the svn build, as my guess is there is something wrong going on.

I am not a coder by any stretch of the imagination, so if I gave you the impression that I was, sorry! I can't even get much more advanced than a "hello world" script to work.

I guess the problem was something specific in your campaign, as I played a few rounds in Eastern Invasion, Under the Burning Suns, and of course HTTT under 1.3, and none of them had this problem. That is purely speculation on my part, as I may have not picked the "right/wrong" scenario to cause this problem.

In any case, thanks for your help, and I'll post again if I can figure out what is happening under svn.

Peace,
JimBass
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Version 1.15 is out. It is basically some balancing and a new scenario in the undead branch. Have fun :-)

SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Is the German translation also updated? I found some errors which seem to be fixed at wescamp but are still in the campaign. Also the files at wescamp miss the new texts you added, specificly looking for Jetryl doesn't find a thing.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Thanks for reminding me :-S I'll have the transalations updated by the next version.

esr
Retired Developer

Fixes for Northern Rebirth

Post by esr »

I've found a large number of typos, punctuation and capitalization errors, bad usages, and similar errors in the Northern Rebirth storyline text. I have a patch that will fix these. Is the maintainer paying attention? Where and how should I submit?
RedLTeut

Re: Fixes for Northern Rebirth

Post by RedLTeut »

esr wrote:I've found a large number of typos, punctuation and capitalization errors, bad usages, and similar errors in the Northern Rebirth storyline text. I have a patch that will fix these. Is the maintainer paying attention? Where and how should I submit?
I believe this is handled by Wescamp:http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

The current version then becomes visible at http://pulsar.unizar.es/~isaac/wesnoth- ... sion=trunk
Fopper

Post by Fopper »

Just made a first step in translating this campaign into Dutch. If someone Dutch (or Belgian) has comments please give to me...
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Fopper wrote:Just made a first step in translating this campaign into Dutch. If someone Dutch (or Belgian) has comments please give to me...
Might I suggest to use a spell checker, since some easy errors are catched by them:
ijsererts
zoektoch

msgid "(Easy)"
msgstr "(makkelijk)"
I would capitalize "makkelijk" and the other difficulty ratings.

I'm not interested in playing Wesnoth in the Dutch language, so I'm not checking the file further. I just wanted to take a short look.
Fopper

Post by Fopper »

:oops:
poEdit doesn't have an built in spellchecker, unfortunately.
But thanks for checking in the first place!
If anyone has a nice translation for Dwarven Doors? Because Poort der Dwergen-volk is a little forced...
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

Fopper wrote::oops:
poEdit doesn't have an built in spellchecker, unfortunately.
But thanks for checking in the first place!
If anyone has a nice translation for Dwarven Doors? Because Poort der Dwergen-volk is a little forced...
I've been told poedit does implement aspell directly, otherwise asking in the translation forum might give some advise. Well first of all I'd change "Dwergen-volk" to "Dwergenvolk".
I don't know the best translation, the English also seems odd to me... but "poort der dwergen" might do the trick. Don't know but "der" gives a nice ring to it. The german translation is Zwergenpforte so almost a literal translation.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Re: Fixes for Northern Rebirth

Post by Taurus »

esr wrote:I've found a large number of typos, punctuation and capitalization errors, bad usages, and similar errors in the Northern Rebirth storyline text. I have a patch that will fix these. Is the maintainer paying attention? Where and how should I submit?
Yes I am paying attention, but sometimes I have a lot of stuff going on in my life and I don't get a chance to check the forums every day. I have sent you a PM with an email address you can send the pach at. Thanks for taking the time to fix these errors.

Fopper

Post by Fopper »

I have a problem (bug?) After the introduction of Get the Gold, it returns: load_game_failed Attempt to de-serialize an empty unit.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Do you think you can send me your savegame?

ozean

no attack for necromancer and advanced poachers

Post by ozean »

Taurus, I am not sure if you were reminded that the necromancers and hunters and rangers still do not work correctly when attacking / defending.

That is, when they attack, their foes cannot act, and when they are attacked, they cannot do anything. This makes these otherwise very important units only half as potent as they usually would be…

Otherwise I am really happy that I have a new mac now, since the (supposedly?) final scenario would bring my old powerbook to a crawl…

PS: I tested this both with 1.1.12 and 1.1.13 using the current version of the campaign (1.15 or something like that? 1.5? whatever…)