The Sceptre of Fire

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adamant14

Re: The Sceptre of Fire

Post by Adamant14 »

Using BfW 1.11.5 I noticed this on scenario 7 (id=7_Outriding_the_Outriders)
error.PNG
Because the yellow hex follows Alanin it must be an overlay for the unit.
I checked the files but couldn't find out what may cause this.
In the previous scenarios the yellow hex wasn't there (on Alanin).
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
NoQ

Post by NoQ »

This sounds like a new bug in 1.11.5 unrelated to any particular campaign; i've seen this suddenly appear in some of my umcs, even though they work on other game versions, and i think it was mentioned in some other thread as well.
The Flight of Drakes, Only Death Behind, ??? (not yet sure how the third part will be called).
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

It's a bug with the ellipses. More specifically, it happens when the unit is both a hero and a leader.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

bumbadadabum wrote:It's a bug with the ellipses. More specifically, it happens when the unit is both a hero and a leader.
So it is a known bug. Thank you for the clarification. :)
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

As I posted here
I could suggest to reduce stats of old dwarf Baglur with a trait "aged"(-hp/-dmg/-movement) to better reflect that he is an old retired warrior and you shouldnt be using him in the first line of fight.
Calling a spear a spoon and then saying "our spoons are different, WINR," is kind of unsatisfying, isn't it?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

after everyone died in "Caverns of Flame", there is the message
<Lua> Repeated [endlevel] execution, ignoring
zepko

Post by zepko »

If Scenario 1 is ended by killing the enemy leader instead of moving the caravans+Alanin to the destination, the scenario ends without even a victory dialogue. Moreover, in Scenario 2 I have the caravans in my recall list. I am on version 1.13.8.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

zepko wrote:If Scenario 1 is ended by killing the enemy leader instead of moving the caravans+Alanin to the destination, the scenario ends without even a victory dialogue.
True; I've now added a short message there so it's not entirely silent.
zepko wrote:Moreover, in Scenario 2 I have the caravans in my recall list. I am on version 1.13.8.
That's due to a bug in 1.13.8 that's already been fixed, won't happen in 1.13.9.