Legend of Wesmere

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: [1.9.x/1.10.x] Legend of Wesmere

Post by gfgtdf »

yes but afaik there is no new topic for 1.12 or even 1.14 so this is probably te best place to ask.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Oh. My bad then, sorry. >.<

And sadly I don't know about this problem or what might have happened.
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

You are definitely right, did I post on the wrong thread?
Where would be the right one then?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I am right, but you didn't post in the wrong thread, as gfgtdf pointed out. (This seems to be the most suitable thread, as there is no 'LoW campaign thread' in the feedback section.)
LienRag

Post by LienRag »

Thanks, I saw gfgtdf's post after publishing my message, I don't know why (I had refreshed the page though).

I'm playing again with Vebrir as an Outrider, and in Human Alliance I noticed that the dialog about the Ka'lian army is played twice: at the beginning and when Amir comes to help on turn 8 (I think?).
Is that normal?
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

LienRag wrote: September 24th, 2018, 4:09 pm I played Legend of Wesmere in 1.12
There were several bugfixes for this campaign in 1.14, and there's an addons-can-execute-arbitrary-code bug in the 1.12 engine :shock: , so it's recommended to upgrade.

Thanks for reporting the duplicated dialogue bug, but it's already been fixed in 1.14. :)
LienRag

Re: Legend of Wesmere

Post by LienRag »

Oh, sorry!

I looked at the WML for specific recruits and tried to replicate it on a custom scenario but it refused to work...
I don't understand which code is specifically for multiplayer and which code should work in a (as usual) one human player only situation?
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

If you're trying to let different leaders recruit different units, then it's done with the extra_recruit attribute. An Orcish Incursion also does that, and its WML is easier to learn from (the second leader is Linaera, she joins in scenario 5).

For both LoW and AOI the main per-character recruit lists are defined in utils/characters.cfg. In LoW it's a bit more complex, because there's also at least one allow_extra_recruit during the campaign.
Argesilao2

A mistake in scenario 14 Human Alliance Objective?

Post by Argesilao2 »

I played the campaign with BfW 1.15.16, like single player, difficulty Lord (Challenge).

In the scenario 14 Human Alliance, in the objective there are:
victory:
Last for the end of turns
gold carryover:
no early finish bonus and 40% of gold carried over to the next scenario

I defeated all the enemy leaders, the last one is the troll, within the turn 17; the scenario ended and the carryover report give me the bonus for remaining turns.
Antro
Translator

Post by Antro »

Hi there!
In the stable branch there is a new string to be translated: "(Hard level, 17 scenarios.)"
However there is also an "(Hard level, 18 scenarios.)"...

Code: Select all

#. [campaign]: id=LOW, type=hybrid
#: data/campaigns/Legend_of_Wesmere/_main.cfg:49
msgid "(Hard level, 17 scenarios.)"

#. [campaign]: id=LOW, type=hybrid
#: data/campaigns/Legend_of_Wesmere/_main.cfg:53
msgid "(Hard level, 18 scenarios.)"
msgstr "(Livello per esperti, 18 scenari.)"
Everything OK ?
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Antro wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:57 pm Everything OK ?
As strange as it may sound, yes.
There was an issue about the scenario count not being correct for the MP version (#7218), which was fixed in this commit. So, everything should be OK now.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
jamberine

Post by jamberine »

Playing on 1.17.19, I noticed two things with carryover:

Scenario 9 Bounty Hunters says it has 40% carryover, but it gives 80% carryover in the old style (greater of 80% or default)
Scenario 11 Battle of the Book says it gives 40% carryover, and it gives 40% carryover, but in the old style. This seems like a mistake, and it makes it virtually impossible to carry over any gold, since the next mission has high starting gold.