Legend of Wesmere

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

fabi
Inactive Developer

Re: [1.9.x/1.10.x] Legend of Wesmere

Post by fabi »

glandis wrote:I'm re-running through this campaign on 1.9.12 - the changes are interesting and manageable so far. In "Ka'alian Under Attack", though, I can still only recruit Fighters/Archers, and I ran into a LUA error about 'urudin' not found. I have the stderr bug info, but this doesn't seem the right place to post that - or is it? Reading the various stickies hasn't help me find the right place to post . . .
Please fill a bug report at http://bugs.wesnoth.org.
Thank you :-)

This bug is already fixed.
glandis

Post by glandis »

The "urudin" bug does seem to be fixed, but a number of the later scenarios seem to have problems. "Northern Battle" seems to be flat-out not working (no Cleodil or recall list) and "Human Alliance" seems MUCH harder than it used to be. The "Northern Battle" problem leads me to recommend folks DO NOT play this campaign until it's fixed - at least, if you're like me and get annoyed when you can't finish what you started.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

glandis wrote:The "urudin" bug does seem to be fixed, but a number of the later scenarios seem to have problems. "Northern Battle" seems to be flat-out not working (no Cleodil or recall list) and "Human Alliance" seems MUCH harder than it used to be. The "Northern Battle" problem leads me to recommend folks DO NOT play this campaign until it's fixed - at least, if you're like me and get annoyed when you can't finish what you started.
Version?
Wedge009
Developer

Post by Wedge009 »

Hello, and thanks again for this fun campaign and to everyone involved with Wesnoth in general.

I apologise if this is not the appropriate place to post this. I admit, I'm not a regular poster here, having only made a post about a crash-to-desktop back when this campaign was first released for 1.6.

Anyway, my particular issue this time around is with the Elvish Horse Archer. I decided to replay this campaign since there seems to be quite a few significant changes made since the initial official release and, while playing, I noticed this alternative upgrade for the Elvish Scout for the first time. I thought this was a new unit, but was surprised to find that it's actually quite an old idea.

So, I thought I'd try making one of my Scouts into a Horse Archer just for variety. However, after starting Acquaintance in Need, I noticed that my Horse Archer was no longer present. After some checking, I realised that it was not among the units in the active roster at the start of the scenario, neither is it available in any of the recall lists for Kalenz, Landar, or Cleodil. I have attached a save game from the end of The Saurian Treasury to demonstrate this.

A far less troubling issue: there is no unit description for the Elvish Horse Archer. But that makes me wonder... is this unit really supposed to be available in the official 1.10 release?

Here are my installation details as per the guidelines:
  • Operating System: Linux (Kubuntu 11.10 using Debian Sid packages)
  • Wesnoth Version: 1.10.0
  • To reproduce: As mentioned above, use the attached save game to complete the current scenario, then verify that the Horse Archer is no longer available in the following scenario.
I can make do without the unit since I'm only playing for fun and not challenge, but I would like to confirm whether or not the Elvish Horse Archer is really supposed to be officially available. If so, the save game is there for debugging purposes. It not, then perhaps it can be properly disabled for the next incremental update.

Thanks for your time!
Attachments
Vanishing_Elvish_Horse_Archer.gz
Campaign save game with Elvish Horse Archer included. At the start of the next scenario, the Elvish Horse Archer is neither present in the active unit roster nor in the recall list.
(54.25 KiB) Downloaded 981 times
Soli Deo Gloria
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Wedge009 wrote:Hello, and thanks again for this fun campaign and to everyone involved with Wesnoth in general.
^_^
I apologise if this is not the appropriate place to post this.
Don't worry, it is the right place.
is this unit really supposed to be available in the official 1.10 release?
No, I was playing around with the idea of adding it and forgot to remove it before the release.
You can't recall the unit because the leader specific recall filters disallow that.
Thus the only bug is the pure presence of the unit at all.
Thanks for your time!
You are welcome.

Thank you for the report,
I will fix the issue soon.
Wedge009
Developer

Post by Wedge009 »

I had a feeling something like that might have happened (unit only added for experimentation). Thanks for the info, at least now I know I'm supposed to stick with the standard Elvish Riders now. (:
Soli Deo Gloria
taptap

Post by taptap »

It is probably known, but the walkthrough in the wiki is very much obsolete given that you can't recruit shamans anymore (in the first 4 scenarios at least)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

taptap wrote:It is probably known, but the walkthrough in the wiki is very much obsolete given that you can't recruit shamans anymore (in the first 4 scenarios at least)
No idea who maintains the walkthrough if there is still a maintainer.
Feel free to change it where you see need, that is the point of a wiki.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

A question about the scenario "Breaking the Siege" in version 1.10.1 - is the forest supposed to be snow-covered? :hmm:
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

gnombat wrote:A question about the scenario "Breaking the Siege" in version 1.10.1 - is the forest supposed to be snow-covered? :hmm:
Yes it is. Why do you ask?
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

fabi wrote:Yes it is. Why do you ask?
Because in 1.10.1 it is not snow-covered.
Screenshot
Screenshot
I submitted bug #19577 [Gna.org].
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Thank you very much :-)
gooby

Post by gooby »

Is it just me, or is "Human Alliance" just way too hard on normal?

I played the campaign without a hitch up to this point and am just getting crushed here.

Additionally, I'm seeing "Chapter three\nPart one" which is presumably supposed to have a newline in it.

Moreover the scenario with the great snowy forest where you have to come to the aid of the Elvish Marshal seems to have gotten a lot harder as well.
Marcgal

Post by Marcgal »

May I post an idea to expand the last scenario (End of War) a little bit?

One has to defeat Landar in this scenario. Landar is known as an "Elvish Warlord" at this point, and is implied to suffer a heavy impact of the necromantic potion.

Well, my idea is to make the effects of the potion a little more visible. It had changed Kalenz, enabling him to use magic, but weakening him physically - but since Landar drunk even more of it then Kalenz, then I think the effects should be even more obvious here.

Here go the details:

(Sorry for not being perfect with English — I know, the description I put here definitely needs some improvements... It's just an example, waiting to be corrected :) )

Landar will no longer be a regular Elvish unit. Instead, he will be an Elvish Warlord (campaign-specific unit) now.

Elvish Warlord stats:

Level: 4
Cost: 100
Movement: 6
Alignment: Chaotic
Abilities: Concealment, Nightstalk, Ambush, Submerges, Skirmisher
HP: 40

Attacks:

Baneblade (melee, arcane, drains) 8-4 Sprite: baneblade
Dark Magic Bow (ranged, cold, magic) 10-5 Sprite: bow-elven-magic

Resistances:

-50% Arcane vulnerability, 20% Cold resistance (this is just for story), others at 0%

Terrain movement costs and defenses: as of Elvish Avenger

In-game description:

The effects from the necromantic potion overtake are more then visible at this point, corrupting not only his ways, but also his existence. He is slowly fading from normal life to un-life, becoming a lich-like undead. He has also became semi-transparent, being hard to see even at normal conditions. Although his physical durability is greatly hampered, he was able to enhance his weapons with some dangerous dark magic in return, being able to shoot bolts of dark energy rather then regular arrows from his bow and suck life from his victims with his sword.

Landar's portrait should resemble his normal one, but with a few additions: * his cheek should have a hole, showing a stark bone - he's slowly becoming undead; * his eyes can glow; * his bow should have a pale, sinister-looking halo; * the arrow should be replaced with an arrow-like halo, a bolt of some dark energy.

Landar will no longer be a regular, stoic leader; instead, having exhausted his money for recruitment and recalling, he should leave his castle and run away from large hosts of Kalenz, but assaulting isolated enemies if at proper health. He should, of course, greatly favor these kinds of terrain, where his invisibility abilities work. This would add extra value to the scenario, requiring the player to play some hide and seek with him. To allow the use of the Submerges ability the stream should be broadened a little bit and it should receive some deep water tiles from time to time.

Does this look possible?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

“The Uprooting”
there is not one orcish leader stand on his keep, maybe thats intended, but im reporting it in case that it is not