[Historical] Liberty

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

scott

Post by scott »

It's intentional. At the end of Civil Disobedience they change from peasants to outlaws because they broke the law. As long as they can advance to L3 outlaws, it's expected behavior. Thanks!
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

Whenever I try to open my save from the Grey Woods, I get a message saying unknown scenario: liberty1. I downloaded the latest version and tried to start a new ame. Unknown scenario:liberty1. What is going on?

:? :cry:
(By the way, up to where I got, I really liked your campaign, scott.)
scott

Post by scott »

I don't know what would cause that. Could you post the saved game? Which game version and OS are you using?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Small note: in the translations there are two strings with "holy ankh": one lowercase and one capitalized. I think you should be consistant.
scott

Post by scott »

One is the name of the attack, which by convention is all lower case, and the other is the title of the event where you find the item, which by convention is upper case. I'm willing to be flexible to keep the translators happy if it's a big problem. Which one do you think I should change? On the other hand, at least one of the translations has come in already.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

scott wrote:On the other hand, at least one of the translations has come in already.
That's because I maintain that one myself. You'll have to add quite a few more strings in one commit to see german at less then 100%. :wink:
I noticed the two versions as well but I don't care much about it. It seemed very much to be intentional so it's the descion of the author.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
ILikeProgramming

I traslated the campaign into Russian. It should be committed in wesCamp by now.
scott

Post by scott »

Awesome, thanks. A new release should be out soon.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
ILikeProgramming

Yay! This is only the second of my translations that actually gets published(the others hang around on WesCamp).
Jerry

PNG errors

Post by Jerry »

LIberty is a lot of fun. Thanks for a well-written campaign! I hope to actually finish it some day...

The PNG files in images/portraits have a problem. Every time the game accesses one of those files, I get libpng error messages on stderr. They all look like this:

libpng warning: Incomplete compressed datastream in iCCP chunk
libpng warning: Profile size field missing from iCCP chunk

A little checking shows that all the PNG files in images/portraits elicit this complaint from libpng, and that none of the other PNG files under images do. This is with libpng 1.2.8 on a Fedora Core 4 machine.
scott

Post by scott »

Those came from Jason Lutes. I can run them through the gimp and see if that fixes it. Thanks for the report.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
scott

Post by scott »

Hello! Liberty 1.14 has been released.

Here is what has changed:
- New Russian, Catalan, and Dutch translations
- There is a special item that will help you in the Gray Woods

If you are having trouble with the Woods, you might check it out.

If there are any artists out there who would like to help me with a piece of story art, please PM me and I'll detail what I need. I would be very appreciative. Thanks!
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Jerry

More comments on the graphics

Post by Jerry »

I grabbed 1.14 and the PNG problems I reported are gone. I am stuck in the Gray Woods, as a matter of fact, so the new version is well-timed. But I haven't found the special object yet. Do I have to send some unit wandering through the woods until he stumbles across it by accident, or is there some clue as to where I should look?

This time around, I found that Rogue_Mage.cfg refers to halo/mage-halo9.png, ..., halo/mage-halo13.png, which don't exist in Wesnoth 1.0rc1. Also, there is one reference in there to halo/shadow-mage-defend.png instead of plain shadow-mage-defend.png.

At some point during the game, this appeared on stderr:

error audio: Could not load sound file '': Unsupported image format
error audio: error playing sound effect: Tried to play a NULL chunk

but I wasn't paying attention, so I don't know what triggered it. I'll try to watch for it next time. That first error message is darned weird, though.
szopen

Post by szopen »

ILikeProgramming wrote:Yay! This is only the second of my translations that actually gets published(the others hang around on WesCamp).
Translate "A new order" and you will have the third :)
scott

Post by scott »

The goodie can be picked up from a dead body. It's just a little reward for those who go exploring unusual features.

I'll look into the graphical issues. I don't know about the sound. I have an idea what it might be, but I don't know why it would be causing a problem.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.