The Hammer of Thursagan

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

msu_dean

Post by msu_dean »

One problem when I played this one that it locked up Wesnoth, and almost my entire computer.

When I was on Scenario 5: Invaders, the orcs took a village, released 5 bandits, then the bandits killed that orc, and retook the village. It cleared it. The orcs kiled the bandit that captured it, there were 5 units around the village, an outside orc recapped the village, and 1 bandit appeared and the scenario broke my computer due to thinking too hard.

I didn't know if this was a known problem or not, but I did figure it was worth mentioning.
------------

Dean is lost in code. Please leave a message and he will be sure to file it with the rest of the requests in dev/null
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

On that note, do you intend there to be bandits in EVRY village captured, or just in the ones not previously captured - the latter would make more sense to me, and make the mop-up a lot less of an irritation...
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
SkeletonCrew
Inactive Developer

Post by SkeletonCrew »

msu_dean wrote:One problem when I played this one that it locked up Wesnoth, and almost my entire computer.
Sound like this bug, which has been fixed.
https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?10621
Xandria

Post by Xandria »

The bandit pop-up bug is fixed, but I have a wholly different issue with this campaign:

You get a whopping choice of TWO unit types for the campaign - I played 'till s5: Invaders.. but this starts getting old pretty soon.

Yawn. Dwarf fighter, yawn, thunderer, yawn, another fighter, 2, 3, 4, 5.. hopping over a fence... zzzzZZZZzzzz
The fight against human stupidity is endless, but we must never give it up.
- Jan Werich
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

yay, A bug! :P

In "The Court of Karrag" after I press "End Turn" on the first turn, the game quits.

Spoiler type thing: I checked here(spoilers!) and found that the guys on Karrags side are supposed to turn undead as he turns lich. They didn't do that, although he did turn lich.

Other than that, I really liked to campaign so far. And the monotony of the recruits didn't bother me at all. It was actually an interesting change fighting with only two /(three) units.
Pugget

Post by Pugget »

Urs wrote:And the monotony of the recruits didn't bother me at all. It was actually an interesting change fighting with only two /(three) units.
Upon reflection, I can see where you're coming from here. The lack of a fast unit, minus the special lorekeeper, really did add an interesting dimension to some of the scenarios.
gnurob

Post by gnurob »

Great campaign!

I just finished up. It seems like it should be just a hint harder on the hardest setting for most scenarios. Forbidden Forest was a nightmare... mostly because I couldn't carry over any funds from Fear because of the short rounds (end bonus) and lack of villages (upkeep expenses and weak end bonus).

Keep up the great work!

Cheers
Last edited by gnurob on January 6th, 2008, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gnurob

Post by gnurob »

Xandria wrote:You get a whopping choice of TWO unit types for the campaign - I played 'till s5: Invaders.. but this starts getting old pretty soon.
I have to agree. Its a little bit of a snooze fest without the variety, not to mention its harder to distinguish between many units on the battlefield and you are highly unlikely to become attached to their development.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Bug: in the Underlevels, when the Masked Dwarves have their dialogue, the last line 'We shall see.' is attributed to the MDs, when it should be to one of the units on the player's side...
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
esr
Retired Developer

Can't find anything matching this.

Post by esr »

thespaceinvader wrote:Bug: in the Underlevels, when the Masked Dwarves have their dialogue, the last line 'We shall see.' is attributed to the MDs, when it should be to one of the units on the player's side...
I can't find anything matching this.

The way the villages in Invaders are supposed to work is this: they pop up bandits if the bandits were the last in control of the village. So if you or an orc capture it, it's pacified -- but if the bandits recapture it, it will pop up bandits next time you or an orc takes it,
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

I'll replay at the appropriate turns and screenshot it for you.

EDIT: attached.

Playing 1.3.13 on windows XP if that helps...
Attachments
Incrorrect dialogue.JPG
Incrorrect dialogue.JPG (41.87 KiB) Viewed 14558 times
woody

Post by woody »

Okay, a problem I'm having. I just killed Karrag in the Underlevels, which I believe is the last fighting scenario. Then I hit End Scenario, I see the screenshot for the Epilogue, Aiglondur, Ratheln, and the Loremaster slowly appear, and then the message "the file you are trying to load is corrupt" appears. And it exits back to the main screen. I don't know if this is just on my version, but all I really want is to know what is said in the epilogue. I'm kind of curious. Since I don't check here too often, if you could e-mail that to dsw19882003@yahoo.com, I would be very thankful. Oh, and I kind of liked having just Fighters and thunderers, especially once I leveled the fighters up. And then adding mages was nice. Personally, I think the Dwarvish Lord is one of the best units, because it had has great melee with a ranged attack that can be nice in defense. Also, it has mega hitpoints and is resistant to blade pierce and impact. And in the combo of Fighters and Thunderers, you have blade pierce and impact which gives you a strength against drakes and undead.
May the Land of Wesnoth be forever populated.
Grand Marshal Aditya

Post by Grand Marshal Aditya »

Thank you, woody:

I had that same problem, and I was mourning for days...It was a real anticlimax... :(
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Grand Marshal Aditya

Post by Grand Marshal Aditya »

I knew it would be found sooner or later...
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.