Delfador's Memoirs

This is the place for discussing development of mainline campaigns, reporting bugs in them and providing overall feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

santi
Lord of Wesmere

Re: Delfadors Memoirs announcements and bug repots

Post by santi »

I will test later tonight. There should be an update then if all is ok and how far all is ok, so if you are looking to finish the campaign hold on;
At the end of scenario 15, elves are removed, but they will rejoin you for the closing scenaria where Delfadors recalls will be unavailable.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I get a scenario ending bug following Kalenz's second scenario, in which one of the enemies tries to recruit a Demilich (or one tries to appear in an event), which is a missing unit type 9and shouldn't be tough to fix, i don't think). And I also have the issue with Chantal not being stored correctly at the end of Terror at Parthyn, which breaks her dialogue up to the previously mentioned crash.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

hey, I was reading through the 1.5 code, and I noticed that in save the prince, there's an extra defeat objective for Delfador's death:

Code: Select all

[objective]
                description= _ "Death of Delfador"
                condition=lose
            [/objective]
            [objective]
                condition=lose
            [/objective]
. It was cerca line 170 or so.
--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

thespaceinvader wrote:I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I get a scenario ending bug following Kalenz's second scenario, in which one of the enemies tries to recruit a Demilich (or one tries to appear in an event), which is a missing unit type 9and shouldn't be tough to fix, i don't think). And I also have the issue with Chantal not being stored correctly at the end of Terror at Parthyn, which breaks her dialogue up to the previously mentioned crash.
Which version are you playing at?
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

opensourcejunkie wrote:hey, I was reading through the 1.5 code, and I noticed that in save the prince, there's an extra defeat objective for Delfador's death:

[objective]
                condition=lose
            [/objective]
            [objective]
                condition=lose
            [/objective]
. It was cerca line 170 or so.
--OSJ
Fixed, thank you.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

thespaceinvader wrote:
I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but I get a scenario ending bug following Kalenz's second scenario, in which one of the enemies tries to recruit a Demilich (or one tries to appear in an event), which is a missing unit type 9and shouldn't be tough to fix, i don't think). And I also have the issue with Chantal not being stored correctly at the end of Terror at Parthyn, which breaks her dialogue up to the previously mentioned crash.
You are playing an ancient version. Please get the trunk version. Better wait till we have verified that it's ok though
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

A new version is out in trunk. It should have fixed the Delfador persistence
problem; note however that savegames do not work properly now. I am playtesting from scratch
now
Reval

Post by Reval »

How can it be that savegames don't work properly?!
But anyway, in the current version of Shadows_in_the_dark, there is the serious bug that you can't recruit any units at the beginning.
Attachments
DM-Shadows_in_the_dark-Autospeichern1.gz
(40.19 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Reval wrote:How can it be that savegames don't work properly?!
But anyway, in the current version of Shadows_in_the_dark, there is the serious bug that you can't recruit any units at the beginning.
The recall list of a side is stored in the savefile with some name to recognize it, the save_id.
DM messes with several different recall lists and sides.
Changing the save_id leads to loosing the recall list because the engine no longer recognizes your units as yours.
I changed the save_id of both leaders' sides, Delfador and Kalenz, to a single id because that was the easiest way to fix the bug with Delfador becoming a journeyman mage again.
It is not uncommon that savegames are not usable in the development version of wesnoth.
And I am not sure if that fix was the last one to that persistent problem, so I can't promise that savegame compatibility will not break again in the near future.

However, I will have a look for a fix to the savegames.

Greetings, Fabi
eccentricity

Post by eccentricity »

In Save the Prince, for some reason Delfador gets replaced by a non-zero Journeyman Mage named Delfador who cannot recruit at all. I'm not sure if this is because I leveled Delfador to Elder Mage or because of some other reason. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the campaign so far.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Yes, this is a known problem and being worked on.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Lots of changes in trunk(which I am commiting now). Basically the campaign is playable until at least scenario 20.
I am including a detailed changelog here and with the next post I am issuing an RFC on what people would like to see.

Detailed changelog:
1. Scenario 15:
a)Changed back the Prince to passive because otherwise he goes out and gets himself killed
and there is nothing one can do about it.
b) In scenarios 18 and 19 elves were on the recruit list. I fixed that by saying

[disallow_recruit]
            type={ELVES}
        [/disallow_recruit]
instead of

[disallow_recruit]
            race=elf
        [/disallow_recruit]
c) If the enemy penetrates the keep of the prince, three guards appear on normal and easy and 2 on hard
d) changed team name=kalenz also for the prince(else the prince's troops fight the player too)
2. Scenario 18:
a) Upped the number of turns to 32, so the player can get some gold for the next scenario
b) at the end, MODIFY_SIDE to make all dwarfs side 1 and kill Relgorn who leaves for Knalga
thinking of making the dwarf leader passive
c) cleaned up wesnoth_units and wesnoth_recalls code(no longer needed)
d) changed team name of delfador to goodies(same as side 1) so dwarves do not fight delfador
3. Scenario 19:
a) Dwarves were not recruitable-fixed it by {LOYALISTS,DWARVES} in recruit list
b) Made Iliah-Malal appear later and upped turns to 30 initially and 40 at the end, as one will need gold for the next scenario
c) Ulrek is now recalled
d) got rid of the erroneous ! on the first Iliah-Malal in the victory event
e) YouR portal is shut english correction
f) Right now the portal is shut when the guard leaders are defeated and there is no trip back to the tunnel
g) Thinking of a terrain change; as it is the terrain is too slow for a hit and run scenario
h) Delfador says the magic words to shut the portal plus a few lightnings Maybe need a better portal shutting animation?
i) corrected gramar in objectives "... Delf reaches his starTing position", though that objective is not achieved
4. Scenario 20:
a) Added at prestart

[kill]
            race=dwarf
        [/kill]
        [disallow_recruit]
            type={DWARVES}
        [/disallow_recruit]
b) changed team name=goodies for Delfador and Lionel. should also change intro to say somethin about Lionel
c) replaced fog with shroud in Delf and Lionel defs, so shroud now working;
d) fixed the positions of the holy water
f) increased Lionel's gold(balancing)
g) option to have Lionel command his troops or Delfador command everything, like in LoW scenario 7, but it
does not look like it's working. In fact even in LoW I do not find the in_command used; on the other hand it
does no harm yet
i) upon victory, disallow recruit loyalists, kill everybody except Delfador who is stored in delfador3_store
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

This is the promised RFC with a number of issues:
Scenario 12:
-Thinking about increasing enemy(both undead and orcs) gold or making a second wave of attack
How about that?
Scenario 19:
- Thinking about having as a requirement that Delfador reaches the starting position; it all then depends on the
timing of Iliah-Malal's arrival and whether one wants a big fight or a race against time. Against a big fight
speaks the fact that Iliah-Malal cannot die in this scenario, so he should be made passive leader
but still some player may be able to reach and kill him nontheless. On the other hand it is more realistic
to have Delfador make it back and seal the cane entrance. Either way the scenario is meant to be brutal
right now and this is indicative of the epic struggle and scarifices in order to close the portal. These
are my thoughts right now and I do not have a fixed position yet, so suggestions are welcome.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Finally, a list of known(yet) bugs:
Scenario 12:
-Sighted event is not working too well. For example if the enemy is sighted during his turn, there is no
dialog; only when the enemy is sighted as a result of player movement
Scenario 20: No loss if Delf dies
Generic: Need to cut off Delfador becoming an elder mage; Elder mage represents a leveling over great mage, but should not be available in this campaign(Delfador is not going to age because he killed someone!)
I can of course always create a new line of units called differently maybe, but with the same stats and end these levels with great instead of elder mage. But there must be something better that does not need to duplicate existing code. So I am looking for a better way
Reval

Post by Reval »

To bad, that I can still not use my last save game from shadows in the dark to finish it and jump to a working rescue of the prince (still Journyman Delfador and not being able to recruit ar recall any units).
Even worse than that, is that the same is true for my last savegame fromthe returnof trouble: If I finish it and start shadows in the dark, as Kalenz I can also not recruit any units.
How sad is that?!
Since I allready replayed shadows in the dark 3 or 4 times, DM is obviously not ment to be played by me and I step back from that frustration.
Just for the report, here are the saves.
Attachments
DM-Save_the_Prince.gz
(18.29 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
DM-Shadows_in_the_dark_Runde_15f.gz
(51.07 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
DM-The_return_of_trouble_Runde_14g.gz
(52.16 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay