Editorial services available

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Simons Mith

Editorial services available

Post by Simons Mith »

I don't know how long I'll be hanging around, but certainly a few weeks while I'm meddling with Fate of a Princess, and then a bit longer once it's up while I watch for feedback. After that, we'll see.

But while I am here, if anyone wants prose-polishing services on a particular campaign, send me a private message. If you contact me I'll be willing to look critically at a campaigns/unit description/lore/whatever you like and fix the prose where needed. If this offer causes a sudden flurry of work requests I may need to withdraw or modify it, but historically this has not been a problem. :-)

Simons Mith

Re: Editorial services available

Post by Simons Mith »

I skimmed through those and there's a scattering of material that would benefit from attention, but they don't seem too bad.
Ahead of you in the queue (by mere hours) is Antar, Son of Rheor which could use a lot more work, if Adamant14 okays me doing it.
So I probably won't look at these three links in any depth for a few weeks more. If you don't hear anything please PM me at the start of September and
I'll give an update.

MoonyDragon

Re: Editorial services available

Post by MoonyDragon »

If you have a spare hour, I'd be grateful if you could take a look at the Default L0 Era unit names/descriptions and rewrite them as you see fit.
The units can be viewed here, but for an easier workflow I recommend to download the era and edit the translations/template.pot file. It's only about 6kb small, so you can effortlessly make your corrections and return it in a private message.
Default L0 Era - Level 1 leaders with level 0 recruits!