THoT Forbidden Forest objective

For writers working on documentation, story prose, announcements, and all kinds of Wesnoth text.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

josteph
Developer

THoT Forbidden Forest objective

Post by josteph » July 7th, 2018, 12:36 pm

The objective of the THoT scenario "Forbidden Forest" is
Move both Aiglondur and Angarthing to the eastern signpost
I find that unclear since while there is a signpost on the map, the signpost occupies a hex and two units can't occupy the same hex at once. I had to check the WML to figure out what the victory condition is: the scenario is won as soon as Aiglondur reaches the signpost hex after Angarthing already visited that hex, or vice versa. If I hadn't read the WML I would have assumed that Aiglondur needed to be on the hex and Angarthing next to him, or something like that.

Perhaps the objective could be clarified?
Fund my work on wesnoth, including but not limited to my add-ons: Invisible Enemies | Random Recruits

stefankeys

Re: THoT Forbidden Forest objective

Post by stefankeys » March 13th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Yes that sounds confusing but it sounds a bit hard to clarify the explanation without it being a word or two too long....
Check out my blog at sosbrigade.club

josteph
Developer

Post by josteph » March 13th, 2019, 10:08 pm

We could add a "note", shown at the bottom of the objectives dialog in white, if that helps. The condition that triggers victory has changed since I started this thread: now it's "Aiglondur needs to be on the signpost and Angarthing next to him, or vice-versa".
Fund my work on wesnoth, including but not limited to my add-ons: Invisible Enemies | Random Recruits

The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat » March 16th, 2019, 5:05 am

josteph wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:08 pm
We could add a "note", shown at the bottom of the objectives dialog in white, if that helps. The condition that triggers victory has changed since I started this thread: now it's "Aiglondur needs to be on the signpost and Angarthing next to him, or vice-versa".
Yes that makes more sense than before and is likely what I would do given the instruction you previously described.

Also a note probably would be helpful so it makes sense to add it to clarify.

josteph
Developer

Post by josteph » March 16th, 2019, 8:54 am

Okay, clarified in 7c839e45a96279007e7e7282e42454479644e390. I can't backport it right now because of string freeze but I'll make a note to backport it for 1.14.8. Until then if anyone has tweaks to the wording, please suggest them. Thanks for the feedback!