Kingdoms Lost, Kingdom Reborn

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

r-pentomino

Kingdoms Lost, Kingdom Reborn

Post by r-pentomino »

This is my first attempt to contribute to open source anything. I added the campaign via add-ons, but would really appreciate feedback. It should be playable (I played through once before posting). Though there are still some things to finish. 1 level has scaffold, which are statically built, I would like to make that dynamic, with a random timeline, and the ability to restart construction as long as the saurian leader is alive. I also want to make the twin liches at the end capable of respawning at midnight if both are not dead.

I would love to know.
1. What do you think of the story?
2. How is the game play difficulty?
3. How are the maps?
4. What do you think of the game mechanics? Especially the levels "An Approaching Army", "Boundless Foe" and "Kingdom Reborn"?
5. What can I do to improve?

Thanks for considering.
Jim Goodridge

Re: Kingdoms Lost, Kingdom Reborn

Post by Jim Goodridge »

Hello, I have not finished the game yet, I am just starting turn 10 of Kingdom Reborn. So far I have enjoyed the game, I am impressed with how large the story is and how much work you must have put into this. The story and game are way more developed than I thought they would be.

My only criticisms are that some maps are really big (especially Kingdom Reborn) and it is sometimes hard to figure out what the correct strategy for the scenarios are. There may be some balancing issues, so far Kingdom Reborn seems way harder than the scenarios leading up to it.

I will give more thorough feedback once I have completed the game.

Thank you for producing this.

Best Regards
Jim
Jim Goodridge

Post by Jim Goodridge »

Rage quit on Kingdom Reborn turn 20. IMHO this map is way too big and the forces so outnumber you that I do not see a way to win. Then
Spoiler:
Best Regards
Jim
r-pentomino

Post by r-pentomino »

Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. I only just saw it today, as I sort of gave up on getting any feedback. Sorry I caused you rage. I did intend for Kingdom reborn to be a bit of a slog. I wanted a map that required steadily gaining ground against a (nearly) boundless foe. It sounds like you had the right idea, head to the cave and hole up against the first wave, then gain ground against the others. I beat it using that method. Other than I did take the wolves out a bit earlier, using rangers.

Admittedly, I assume that I suck at playing these games, and therefor overbuilt it based on that, and maybe I don't suck as bad as I think I do.

At any rate, I really appreciate your comments, It' is very helpful to have some feedback, to let ,e know what I am doing right, and what I need to work on. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me!