The War of Terrador

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: The War of Terrador

Post by Turuk »

:lol2:

Hey, if it pays well, I'm game. Currently in the market for a job actually.

It's what I'm here for though. I provide answers across the forum where I can, and if it's outside my realm I try to steer the knowledgeable parties (devs, artists, etc.) in the direction of the thread so they can give input.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

When you get a screenshot of the error, post it. I have had a few people say that that happens, but on my computer, it works fine, but I play on Windows with a Flash Drive.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

I think i found out why i was getting that tag error.....i read your post as of may 22nd

"Oh, and for those people that want to play Omega's Tale, you have to upgrade to 1.7. I don't have enough room on my flash drive for both 1.6 and 1.7, and as such I can no longer upgrade 1.6."

:oops:

i tried to play it on 1.6.2

so that could be the problem.

--------------------------

i have played through the first few scenarios, and have appreciated the different feel of the game, much more with resistance to damage as the key to victory.

I am a little concerned that my scout type flyer and fighter type crafts are absolute toast anywhere near a enemy unit that delivers fire damage. The one scout i recuited went out to grab a village then spent the rest of the scenario running away from everything.

the unit discriptions for ships does not quite match the survivablity of those units.

----noticed the same issue with the special ops guys, with so high of vulnerabilities .....

------------\
man the non-sequitors just wont stop

should this thread be over in user made scenario and campaign development, might get more feedback?

stillcen
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

stillcen wrote:should this thread be over in user made scenario and campaign development, might get more feedback?
More so than in the forum entitled Add-On Feedback? This was actually the final focus thread of the 4 or so other threads he made about his campaign.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

stillcen wrote:should this thread be over in user made scenario and campaign development, might get more feedback?
That's for under-development campaigns. This is for TWOT's main campaign, which is currently considered stable.

As for the fighter's vulnerability to fire, you do know in real life, one shot from an anti-air is all it takes to kill even a powerful stealth bomber? I made fire attacks the death of all mechanical units, because most mechanical units (Like the tank units) are highly resistant to everything else.
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Huston

Post by Huston »

no offense but i got bored with your campaign The Warof Terrador in the scenario titled "To War" because of the fact that i just got done with a huge long map/battle and didn't really feel like playing through another super long battle.(i have adhd(Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder)). try shrinking the maps just a little. had pretty much no qualms with any of the scenarios before it though. i like the units too.
coded Rebellion During the Dark Age
Currently working on:
Era of the Future
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Ummm...

My maps are already small, for UMC scenarios. You should just work on your attention span. ADHD aside, I have 2 friends who have that, and they can both sit down and play long games or read long books.

I'm sorry you disliked it, but in the future, try using {debug} and {win_mission}

TofuOgre

Post by TofuOgre »

Improvements

I am in the middle of your TWoT on BfW 1.7 (using Linux).

The Xylash_Antitank
has image="Xylash/Xylash_Antitank.png"
when it should be image="Xylash/Xylash_AntiTank.png"

Maybe errors like that do not show up in Windowsland, but in the Linux and OSX worlds, capitalization counts.

Terrador_Heavy_Tank.cfg
icon=attacks/defenceturrets.png
should be
icon=attacks/defenceturret.png

Zederian Warior 3rd Class
icon=attacks/knife-human.png
should be
icon=attacks/dagger-human.png
if you want to use
/usr/local/share/wesnoth/data/core/images/attacks/dagger-human.png

Also, for some reason, the macro.cfg file, line 12, has first)time_only=no instead of first_time_only=no, but that might be a download error.

I did have a criticism about no female sprites. But maybe you have not gotten around to that whole, you know, draw a letter U and then shade and lighten it thing in your art class, yet.
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

in Final Judgement the bridge at the bottom is listed as cave unwalkable and gives 100% cover to units, or at least it says it does.

in the discription of flamethrowers in states that enflame does 12 points of damage per round but in appears to only do 8.

in Part II the dederian return Flt. Comd. Flameslash in recallable.

and i am still enjoying playing. I dont have ADHD.

stillcen
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Thank you for the balancing tips! Unfortunately, I cannot apply them until this Friday, at the soonest, due to my Senior Final Exams. Please excuse this lapse of work, and TWOT will be coming back online ASAP.

lotsofphil

Post by lotsofphil »

I tried playing Terrador on 1.7 and it didn't work. Install of the add-on went fine, but when I tried to start a campaign I got an error. This happened twice. I have a screenshot, but will have to wait until tonight to post it. Has anyone got it working in 1.7, or is this just me?

The error is something to do with missing files, from what I remember.
lotsofphil

Post by lotsofphil »

Screenshot of the error:
Attachments
terradorerror.PNG
TofuOgre

Post by TofuOgre »

lotsofphil wrote:Has anyone got it working in 1.7, or is this just me?
Of course it's you! [no, it's Dragonchampion, he needs to make a few corrections]

From the error you posted, it is line 12 in the macros.cfg--you need to change that ( into a hyphen. The file's location is given. Don't wait for the update. Go ahead, just use, um, does Windows still have edlin? Does Windows still have a CLI? I had heard they did away debug. Debug would work, it's just one character. Anyway, it's a text file.

Good thing you brought this up. I think because most people downloading 1.7 have Linux (looks like 50%, from another post on statistics), so they have to compile from the source, find out they need new libraries, update and/or compile those libraries, and compile again, so well, a little script typo is nothing to them.
lotsofphil

Post by lotsofphil »

That fixed it, thanks.

Old code:

Code: Select all

[event]
    name=attacker_hits
	first(time_only=no
New code:

Code: Select all

[event]