Eastern Invasion: What to do with the Holy Amulet

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Insanity Boy

Post by Insanity Boy »

I never said at the capital.
Sly

Post by Sly »

toms wrote:
Sly wrote: If there was any in EI, it wouldn't be a bad choice :wink:
You haven´t looked at the link. It was kidding!
All right I didn't look :oops:

But still, it would be usefull agains undead (as the amulet make his bow holy)
Tmoiy

Post by Tmoiy »

Insanity Boy wrote:I never said at the capital.
Well, my question was regarding the capitol. Has anyone done it?
toms

Post by toms »

Tmoiy wrote:
Insanity Boy wrote:My 32-4 70% Great Mage killed him pretty quickly the other day.
You had a great mage by Mal-Ravanal's capitol? :shock: How?
Well...advanc an intellegent mage in the first scenario. Recall him in the escape tunnel and give him at least half of the needed XP. Then do the rest in the other two and ravanal´s city itself.
I think on hard it´s easier to find enough to kill for him. :? I hope I answered your question. :)
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Tmoiy

Post by Tmoiy »

I know it's theoretically possible to get a powerful enough army to kill Mal-Ravanal at his capitol. I was just wondering if it was actually possible; it would cut the campaign rather short, wouldn't it? Does he run away before you strike the final blow or something?
Insanity Boy

Post by Insanity Boy »

Check the scenario file?
Oliphant

Amulets and bowmen

Post by Oliphant »

You can get bowmen from the peasants in The Drowned Plains. But this is too late for any to get an amulet so it's pointless, they don't do well against undead without.
Rrbhaunoch

Post by Rrbhaunoch »

I have one Holy Iron Mauler and one Holy Grand Knight going into Xenophobia. I like it. I think I'll use the other to make a Holy *!?% Red Mage.
JBerry

Three words: holy grand knights.

Post by JBerry »

I give the first one to Gweddry to help him level faster, and because he has a ranged attack. Then at least two go to horsemen. It's hard for them to level up in this campaign, but not so much with holy! Then make them grand knights. Holy GK's are like level four paladins: More damage and way more hit points (78 vs. 65). My resilient GK ended with 95! He charges with 68x2 damage, and I'm not afraid I will lose him on the next turn.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Um, I always give the amulet to Owaec, Dacyn and Gweddry. I guess I have just been dumb all this time.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Incompetent

Post by Incompetent »

Giving Holy to Iron Maulers and Great Mages seems a bit excessive, seeing as they can wipe out many kinds of undead unit in one round of combat anyway. I'd definitely give Gweddry one to get him some easy XP. After that, Horsemen, Spearmen and Cavalry would all work well I think.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Shadow Master wrote:Um, I always give the amulet to Owaec, Dacyn and Gweddry. I guess I have just been dumb all this time.
...Dacyn? You mean the white mage who already has Holy (Arcane now, I guess) damage?

I usually go Gweddry, Cavalry->Dragoon, Spearman->Halberdier. Sometimes a HI or Horseman->GK gets one. You need to keep some non-Holy units for the scenarios when you fight the orcs.

Of course, the last time I played EI, they still called it Holy damage. I've kinda been gone a while. Maybe I should go back and replay it again. Yeah, I think I'll do that now...