Test of the Clans

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

s1ght

Test of the Clans

Post by s1ght »

Any word of advice on how to win this one? I have 460 gold pieces if I'm not mistaken. I can usually kill the green guy to the south and then one other group leader before I start getting screwed. I have a paladin, knight and steel clad, but I have 3 horsemen that are almost ready to become knights and archers that should go up a level as well. along with some darves and other assorted fighters.
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

hmm...... you need more level 2 or 3 units.

From what I see it will be hard to win, but do you have a silver mage. A silver mage can teleport through out the villages and attack the horseclan leader.( with some help)

You can also get more help here..... http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6124

Or here..... http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/HeirToTheThrone

That should help :D
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
s1ght

Post by s1ght »

Nope silver mages. I just did notice that other post... *Sighs* Back to the drawing board.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

s1ght wrote:Nope silver mages. I just did notice that other post... *Sighs* Back to the drawing board.
I think with that gold amount you should be able to win it. Just recruit dwarves (thunderers are good against horses) and elves, stay on the hills when possible and get 25 kills. After that kill an enemy leader, and you're done.
s1ght

Post by s1ght »

After retrying some of the advised tactics, I beat the level. It was close, but it worked. Finally. Heh
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

I won this scenario... ...because... ...i had... :lol: ...2 gran knights,1 lancer,1 knight,2 great mage,2 mage of light,1silver mage,2 red mage,2 sharpshooters,2 thunderguards,and 1 avenger. Konrad l.3 ,lisar l.3,delfador l.5 :lol: ,kalenz l.3. :mrgreen:
If you try to beat this scenario with your units... ...good luck. :wink:
Great Mage Nicolas
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

Nicolas wrote:I won this scenario... ...because... ...i had... :lol: ...2 gran knights,1 lancer,1 knight,2 great mage,2 mage of light,1silver mage,2 red mage,2 sharpshooters,2 thunderguards,and 1 avenger. Konrad l.3 ,lisar l.3,delfador l.5 :lol: ,kalenz l.3. :mrgreen:
If you try to beat this scenario with your units... ...good luck. :wink:
no time for boasting Nicolas :lol:

No seriously you have a lot of good units.......though why know dwarveish lords for test of the clans :D
The darksteel eye

For a wesnoth strategie guide click here----------> http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

darksteel wrote:no time for boasting Nicolas :lol:
*pointedly fails to describe my own recall list* :twisted:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
darksteel

Post by darksteel »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
omg... your recall list must have like 20 level 3 or 2 units. 8)
The darksteel eye

Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Indeed, it is rather easy to get a huge amount of leveled units in HttT or TRoW on easy...
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

Now now, let's not fight over whos recall list is the best, because we all know mine (including among others eleven dwarven lords) is! (albeit I play on medium, so I quess I cheat)
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
DavidByron

Post by DavidByron »

I think the easy way to win this scenario wouldbe to SPEND SPEND SPEND! I mean you could buy over 30 Elvish fighters there. Not a good choice of unit but you get the idea. Dwarves and thieves would be better. A merman or griffon as a distraction around the lake area... Don't need any leveled units to win. Set up camp on the hills to the West with your low level units and head South with your elite loyal guys and some fodder. Wait until you have 25 kills. Then take out the southern leader. Get a TON of money for an early finish. I think being short of money would have been more of a problem.
Lord Lightstalker

Post by Lord Lightstalker »

get a thunderers and maybe a 1 or 2 archers. Also take a few dwarvish fighters and and guardsmen.
I Hunt the Light, Stalking him in the Shadows, As Night Falls, I Take My Prey.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Lord Lightstalker wrote:get a thunderers and maybe a 1 or 2 archers. Also take a few dwarvish fighters and and guardsmen.
Nah... first you should get a thunderer to level 3 and then some lords (good defense) and always give lisa'r the sceptre so she can do a assassination mission with everyone else down to the bottom grandknight

My strategy is also get good melee/defense as your frontline and best ranged as second... so melee get attacked, rtreat back 2 spaces ranged go foward and finish off and new melee's go to front line. how about 3 different lines... 2 melee and 1 ranges
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
sparr

Post by sparr »

my strategy was to send 6 cavalry, including all my level 2s, south to take out the green guy. then send everything else i could afford to the northwest. make a stand south of the lake along the river so they have to choke up at the bridge or attack from in the river. once youve taken out the incoming cavalry then your cavalry will have caught back up from the south and you can push northwest and southwest with all your units against light non-mounted resistance.