Game Cheats...?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MadMax

Post by MadMax »

You can also get a change unit side option when you use debug mode too.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Dacyn

Post by Dacyn »

MadMax wrote:You can also get a change unit side option when you use debug mode too.
which is currently annoying to use when there are 10 sides... maybe it should use a menu instead of just flipping?
Sleeper

Post by Sleeper »

cheating...

sometimes i think about it....

its not really funny to fight 2 leaders with 20+ fast, strong and lucky units each if you just have 5 slow lvl 1 units and -xxx gold^^ (northern winter)

northern winter without any gold and griffons, man that is no fun at all.
but until know i resisted the dark side and started the campaing all over again (8 times this far and if i dont get a few rangers bevore the griffon mission, there will surely be a ninth time...).
the good thing is, you learn more different tactics this way.
the bad thing is, i hate beach of pearls and cant skip it :)

i think its good to make it possibly to correct such fun killers easy in single player mode.
everybody have to choose for himself.

ill see where my limit is. maybe if i cant beat those two freaks in northern winter a few times more, ill give myself 300 gold and look if they can beat me then if our numbers are equal ^^
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

It sounds to me like you need to be playing on Easy, my friend. You should have Avengers by the Snow Plains, not just Rangers - I usually level 3-4 units in the first three levels alone.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sleeper

Post by Sleeper »

yes, i know.... i AM playing on easy :)

i never have more than 1 avenger, somehow the enemys always manage to kill my avanger-to-be with full hp (strong, resillent) with just 1 turn from a 10 gold unit :/ i can hide them where i want, 1 wolfrider always find and kill them...

i loose most of my good units in the ford of abez, sadly. either my good units or a massive buch canonfudder for witch i dont have any gold or konrad.

you want to know something?
i hate konrad. really, i do. even as lord he is the most useless, most fragile, most stupid unit i have...

i just have kinda bad luck.

my units never really hit, not even in there prevered terrain, the enemys hit often enough. so most times i need 4-5 heros/captains for one lvl 1 orcish archer^^
next turn at least 2 of these heros will be killed from some lowlifes popping out of the blue, mostly wolfriders and archers.

just on very very few occasions my high level units get killed by other high level units. most time its just lowlifes that wont die, not even from deflador, because he just dont hit ^^
casueps

Post by casueps »

Try to recruit only mermen in Ford of Abez, and move Delfador, Konrad and Kalenz surrounded by mermen at one side and deep water at the other side. Sea monsters will go for your enemies since they are weaker in water than your mermen.
yeti

Post by yeti »

casueps wrote:Try to recruit only mermen in Ford of Abez
That for first, but also recall the merman with stormtrident who hopefully survived BoP, get the second stormtrident with another merman here ... and you have two instant killers with 70% defense (in shallow water) who will simply smash the orcs comming from nothern bank.
-std::string font_name = "Vera.ttf";
+std::string font_name = "Bepa-Roman.ttf";
Konrad II

Post by Konrad II »

Cheating is soooo easy.Just use source's changer like pandora's box!You'll can get all pvs u want!All exp you ever wanted!All gold you wanted... 8)

But I think cheating is really not fun...Just play play and play...Get experience and become an excellent player!That's all.

I wish you good cheating...
Disto

Post by Disto »

Sleeper wrote:yes, i know.... i AM playing on easy :)

i never have more than 1 avenger, somehow the enemys always manage to kill my avanger-to-be with full hp (strong, resillent) with just 1 turn from a 10 gold unit :/ i can hide them where i want, 1 wolfrider always find and kill them...

i loose most of my good units in the ford of abez, sadly. either my good units or a massive buch canonfudder for witch i dont have any gold or konrad.

you want to know something?
i hate konrad. really, i do. even as lord he is the most useless, most fragile, most stupid unit i have...

i just have kinda bad luck.

my units never really hit, not even in there prevered terrain, the enemys hit often enough. so most times i need 4-5 heros/captains for one lvl 1 orcish archer^^
next turn at least 2 of these heros will be killed from some lowlifes popping out of the blue, mostly wolfriders and archers.

just on very very few occasions my high level units get killed by other high level units. most time its just lowlifes that wont die, not even from deflador, because he just dont hit ^^
Sounds like it, on the crossroads mission my elven avengers kick ass and on the ford of Abez get either a few good mages to kill the sea monsters or none to get across quickly, anyway Just protect Konrad well enough and he roxen.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
TheChosenOne

Can you explain in more detail? Which one is the option key?

Post by TheChosenOne »

You can hold down the Option key while starting Wesnoth to turn on debug mode.[/quote]
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
joshudson

another way

Post by joshudson »

if you level up an Elvish Shaman all the way to Sylph, you will have an easy time against the wolves.
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

How do you turn on the debug mode? I am not intending to cheat but TotC is forcing me to, since I can't win on it (in easy mode) T.T I only have 100 gold at start and I recalled a grand knight, a paladin, a knight and two horsemen but I still lose. Anyone knows how to debug?
---Konrad III

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

Did you try recalling a healer & four L3 dwarves, then hiding in the mountains?

To turn on debug mode, type <colon>debug <enter>
Tmoiy

Post by Tmoiy »

You'll need way more than 100 gold to beat Test of the Clan. Go back and replay a few levels.

This thread is funny. :D
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

joshudson wrote:Did you try recalling a healer & four L3 dwarves, then hiding in the mountains?

To turn on debug mode, type <colon>debug <enter>

I still cannot debug. I typed it in the command line but still it didn't work.
---Konrad III