Eastern Invasion Again -- Medium

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dennis

Eastern Invasion Again -- Medium

Post by Dennis »

I hit the tunnel with 120 gold. I don't see how to hit it with much more. Am I missing something?

If I take the Undead Border Patrol with only 100 gold. As such, I don't see how the &*@^ I can win the scenario.

And I thought I was good at this. Not ready for prime time. I guess. Playing on medium. Thanks for any help... HELP!!!
claus

Re: Eastern Invasion Again -- Medium

Post by claus »

Dennis wrote:I hit the tunnel with 120 gold. I don't see how to hit it with much more. Am I missing something?

If I take the Undead Border Patrol with only 100 gold. As such, I don't see how the &*@^ I can win the scenario.

And I thought I was good at this. Not ready for prime time. I guess. Playing on medium. Thanks for any help... HELP!!!
Have you found the gold chest in Escape Tunnel?
Dennis

Re: Eastern Invasion Again -- Medium

Post by Dennis »

Yea... but it's not enough to keep me from a negative balance at the end of Unexpected Appearance.

The way I play the tunnel is to pretend that I don't know I'm being followed (is there a way to know ahead of time?). So by the time I bring troops back, I never really profit from the villages. So I don't have all that much gold that it isn't depleted. Help... again!
Sciolist

Post by Sciolist »

I had to replay the first few missions a couple of times to ensure I had the funds to play on again - it's quite important to save the 20s or 15s where you can, by playing with the minimum number of units to start with.
Snorklecat

Post by Snorklecat »

My method of getting through the tunnel with a mimimum of fuss is exactly what I've read that I should NOT do... I recall a couple of heavy infantry from the last campaign and a spearman and just run like blazes for the Dwarf tunnel. I block up the entrance with the infantry units, send Dacyn to get the troll gold, and send Gweddry behind the spearman to the exit. I have stopped to get the holy water in the past too, but I found I didn't really use it. I find that if you go as fast as you can and get down the tunnel, the undead and the trolls keep each other busy. I came away with more than enough gold to get me through the Unexpected Arrival (again, infantry saved Gwyddry's bacon) I also found that my infantry took little damage, and by the Northern Outpost, they had both leveled up twice. But you know it's very different each time you play and it might not work for you. I'm also a rank novice... been playing two days, so you might not want to listen to me too closely... :D :D
jg

Post by jg »

Snorklecat wrote:I find that if you go as fast as you can and get down the tunnel, the undead and the trolls keep each other busy.
DO NOT say that that means one can go through the tunnel from where the Dwarves come and get out of the tunnel?! If so, noooooo.... I have always fought the trolls (and killed them) :(

Ah, I should have guessed it...

jg
TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Snorklecat wrote:My method of getting through the tunnel with a mimimum of fuss is exactly what I've read that I should NOT do... I recall a couple of heavy infantry from the last campaign and a spearman and just run like blazes for the Dwarf tunnel. I block up the entrance with the infantry units, send Dacyn to get the troll gold, and send Gweddry behind the spearman to the exit. I have stopped to get the holy water in the past too, but I found I didn't really use it. I find that if you go as fast as you can and get down the tunnel, the undead and the trolls keep each other busy. I came away with more than enough gold to get me through the Unexpected Arrival (again, infantry saved Gwyddry's bacon) I also found that my infantry took little damage, and by the Northern Outpost, they had both leveled up twice. But you know it's very different each time you play and it might not work for you. I'm also a rank novice... been playing two days, so you might not want to listen to me too closely... :D :D
This is wrong. Most of the time in the campaign you will fight undeads. And the final scenario : Weldyn Besieged pits you against 7 lich leaders. The holy water makes all your attacks holy for the rest of the campaign, not just the tunnel. So having a holy grand knight rocks! hehehe
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation