Fun challenge: Random Guerilla Campaign

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wesakum

Fun challenge: Random Guerilla Campaign

Post by wesakum »

1. Install following add-ons: Random Campaign, Revolution and Civil War, Multiplayer Veterans.

2. Go to Main Menu. Click on "Multiplayer", then choose "Random Campaign".

3. Go to "Custom Options", look for Revolution and Civil War. Set "Side" bar to 1, choose "Playable Rebels".

4. Look for Multiplayer Veterans. Set "Veteran Limit" to 2 (or whichever number of recallable units you want). Setting Veteran Experience of 100 is recommended.

5. Start the game. The challenge is to defeat the enemy army with just your commander and two veterans. If you manage to kill the enemy leader, the enemy army will split, with some enemy units joining your side (including one rebel leader). The units, including the new leader, will be available in the next level, so you can recruit units from the faction defeated in the level before.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: Fun challenge: Random Guerilla Campaign

Post by Atreides »

Interesting. I tried it but gave up, will retry with more veterans.

Came up with a mix of my own:

Recipe:

Wesnoth 1.12 (sorry the addons don't all exist for 14)
Era of Chaos
A New Land 5 player
Era of High Sorcery used as not the faction but as a mod to Era of Chaos

You won't be able to build but the spells in Sorcery can alter terrain if chosen.
It turns out to be just as difficult as standard 5p ANL.
wesakum

Post by wesakum »

Atreides wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 2:29 am Interesting. I tried it but gave up, will retry with more veterans.

Recipe:

Era of Chaos
A New Land 5 player

You won't be able to build but the spells in Sorcery can alter terrain if chosen.
Oh, I forgot to add that I set map size for the UMC random maps to 20 x 20. This should make it easier. Interesting recipe, I will try it :-P .
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

wesakum wrote: August 7th, 2021, 8:27 pm
Atreides wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 2:29 am Interesting. I tried it but gave up, will retry with more veterans.

Recipe:

Era of Chaos
A New Land 5 player

Oh, I forgot to add that I set map size for the UMC random maps to 20 x 20. This should make it easier. Interesting recipe, I will try it :-P .
Oh 20x20, that would help a lot. Hmmm slight problem, it doesn't offer a choice when starting the random camp for map size. I know one can hack the URM maps (I've had them for ages) so is that what you do? I actually went the other way and made the defaults 60x60 and 4p. In spite of which here I get 2p 30x30... gonna have to dive in and figure it out I guess : )

I've tried it again a couple of times and I'm still doing it wrong. I'm getting 4 veterans when set for 2. 30x30 and can't find anyplace to alter it. And worst was that when I killed the enemy leader there was no unit transfer to my side. The follower just became the new enemy leader (didn't help that there was only 1 I imagine...) (Ah reread the first post, yep need to have 2 survivors for it to work, that was just bad luck - it's not easy killing the leader w/o desting his army first - ai always sees you can't sneak up on them in fog/shroud...)

Maybe shuffle has to be off, I always have it on but sometimes it causes problems.

What's nice is that dead vets can be recalled in next scen at a xp and level loss.
wesakum

Post by wesakum »

Honestly, I don't remember anymore how I did it. It was either by setting height and width to 20 in "data\add-ons\Ultimate_Random_Maps\scenarios\scenarios.cfg" or "\data\add-ons\Random_Campaign\scenarios\01-07.cfg" (there maybe in "map ID"). Interestingly, it's both set to 30 and the maps are still 20x20. So I don't know, at least for now.