world conquest II

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bitcoin

world conquest II

Post by bitcoin »

Greetings. This is a strategy post . Because I must always explain the whole to the newcomers, here i put the post.
I play WC II a lot. I'm very noob so i play Guild faction. and fav add-ons :mrgreen: item drop mod. and extra advancements.
Some players use the more advancements from Reign of the Lords if I'm not wrong.

Item drop mod, makes u find more rare items. You give "fury" to a normal wose and use it for a while. but the Item drops, enemy picks it up. I think that enemy items should be unpickable to solve this problem.
However I find one little fix. it's worth that you give most of the items to the leader (gold crown) and guys at lvl 2.
Item drop mod has another advantage too: Your bat can be used to collect items that fall on the ground and use the bat as a one time use carrier.
may be this mod can be modified later so you can drop items from the menu.

This is a simple rule to win map 01:
The enemy has max gold, 800, with some lvl 2 buying capabilities. So can be simple like other survival scenarios.
If u buy a hero, it's best done on the first map.
My choice is some dwarf. but i really don't buy heroes. I pick training (HP) and village at keep +75 gold.
With 75 gold, you can buy 5 x 14g fighters.
Buy many cheap primary melee units. Then very few tanks, 2 mages at least, 1 healer, 1 fish , ...

While trying to hold more flagged villages, stay together and in 2p or 3p maps do not try to attract the enemy.
Usually one from the other or other two is very close to enemy. If so, recruit for one turn and run away to your friend's keep.
While protecting the heroes and not sending them to the weak front line, make them gain experience. This can be done by staying in your castle or a good position supported buy vills or castle hexes. Try to keep the enemy in deep water and impassables and moats while holding the best position.

Don't spend all your gold and keep some about 50 gold if you decide whether you need a mage , troll , archer , ... any special unit at the last time. Controlling the population helps your upkeep and makes for the lack of high positions at the beginning of the engagement.

Feel free to post your strategies and tips and
Have fun.