Clarifying Recall Mechanics

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hamuel

Clarifying Recall Mechanics

Post by hamuel »

I've red the wiki on how recall works but still have questions about how it works.

1) Does it only work for campaigns? The wiki says recall list is available for the next scenario but doesn't specify what conditions.

2) Does recall list only stay for next scenario even when I change factions and disappear after that? Or does each faction store a recall list? e.g If I play an rebels scenario and get veterans, then play a knalgan scenario next, then play a rebel scenario after that, will I have a recall list?
patience_reloaded

Re: Clarifying Recall Mechanics

Post by patience_reloaded »

It works only for campaigns.

Edit: Clarification: In default, recalling works only in campaigns. In User Made Content (UMC), this may differ. You can also make it work (as Lord Knightmare said below) if you change some things in the scenarios, or make your own scenarios, but to make it work, you'll have to dive into the code.
In normal multiplayer games, there is no recalling. Reason: Multiplayer games are also played online. It would be pretty unfair if an experienced player joined the match with an army of lv3 units in the recall list, while a noob has only the lv1 recruits.
Last edited by patience_reloaded on August 28th, 2020, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

It works for any scenario. You can even enable recalls for the first scenario if you pre-define the recall list.
Example: The following code shall add three swordsman in your recall list in any scenario the event is scripted.

Code: Select all

[event]
    name=prestart
    {GENERIC_UNIT 1 "Swordsman" recall recall}
[/event]
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

patience_reloaded wrote: August 28th, 2020, 6:36 am It works only for campaigns.

Edit: Clarification: In default, recalling works only in campaigns. In User Made Content (UMC), this may differ. You can also make it work (as Lord Knightmare said below) if you change some things in the scenarios, or make your own scenarios, but to make it work, you'll have to dive into the code.
In normal multiplayer games, there is no recalling. Reason: Multiplayer games are also played online. It would be pretty unfair if an experienced player joined the match with an army of lv3 units in the recall list, while a noob has only the lv1 recruits.
Multi-map multiplayer games have a recall list, I think World Conquest and Den of Thieves have a recall list. They are not "normal" though and are UMC.