Stuck on Descent into Darkness - Descent into Darkness

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

darkfyre7

Stuck on Descent into Darkness - Descent into Darkness

Post by darkfyre7 »

Can anyone give me some pointers on what I'm supposed to do in the Decent into Darkness level of the campaign? I start surrounded by a few units, but after killing them and searching the entire map, there's nothing to do. The only objective is 'Complete the Ritual' and all of the tips I can find online are clearly for a different version of the campaign.

It looks like I might be intended to die, but that's the loss condition of the scenario and I can't make Malin die anyway; he's too strong even with just retaliatory attacks at level 3. I assume I'm missing something that should be blatantly obvious, but for the life of me I can't figure out anything else to do on the map.

Thanks for the help!
Heindal

Re: Stuck on Descent into Darkness - Descent into Darkness

Post by Heindal »

I remember that there is a mission, where you have to explore a cave and clean it from the presence.
As far as I know there is a trigger when you discover a castle, which starts other events.

However Descent into Darkness has been overworked, so it might be it`s indeed a game glitch.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
darkfyre7

Post by darkfyre7 »

Right, I remember the old version from playing through it like a decade ago, you start as a lich but you're at very little health right at the start. The new version is completely different and I'm a bit stumped.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

The objective should actually complete itself, so this might be a bug. Can you provide an autosave or a replay so I can take a look?
darkfyre7

Post by darkfyre7 »

Sure, how would I go about providing that to you? My first go at it I think I played almost 100 turns trying to figure it out, so nothing was auto-completing XD
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Just upload it here on the forum.
darkfyre7

Post by darkfyre7 »

I didn't have my save for the replays that I did, so I went to run through the scenario again and I guess 4th time is the charm! This time more ghouls appeared after the first one and the campaign proceeded just fine. Not sure what happened the first couple of times.
nemaara
Developer

Post by nemaara »

Hmm, actually I have a hunch that the necrophage might be getting cut off somehow in the first part. That's why if you reload, it might've fixed itself since the map is somewhat randomly generated each time. I'll have to take a closer look sometime tho.
brabar

Post by brabar »

It seems that I'm stuck in the same scenario, on version 1.14.13.(2).

I've been all around the map, put back in his coffin a mage, and there are a three boxes with little gold in each.

Now, there are also a bottle and a altar where something should apparently happen, but the message is " You should do something else first".

Killing the Dragon doesn't help, because it's the end of the scenario, so I'm lost, going round and round in perplexity ...

Does some good player has a solution for me (MP) ?

Thanks !
Sorry for my poor english, it's not my native language
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

brabar wrote: August 31st, 2020, 4:19 pm It seems that I'm stuck in the same scenario, on version 1.14.13.(2).
You are not stuck because you won! But if you want to know what you can do with the bottle and altar, I can explain:
Spoiler:
It's not an easy puzzle, and I didn't figure it out either. I cheated and looked at the code!

(You probably should have made your own thread, since this is a different problem than the original thread. That might be why you didn't get a fast response.)
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
brabar

Post by brabar »

Oh Thank you !

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, my poor English doesn't help, and I just try to find my way out ! :roll:

Well, I can replay the whole scenario then, and hope to be able to get the dragon enslaved in his bones :shock: :D with one point of hit damage more, wotta mad perspective !

Do you think that the cavalier of American apocalypse would appreciate that ?

Thank you so much, I enjoy being able to use the fancy trick and complete the puzzle ;)
Sorry for my poor english, it's not my native language
Gromobir

Post by Gromobir »

I just registered a new account here to give some feedback as well.

First of all, I would like to mention that this game is extremely addictive and insanely well balanced. Thanks a lot for many hours of fun. I'm a huge fan. 8) 8) 8)

Additionally, I also wanted to mention that I had the same issue with this campaign in version 1.14.15. I had to restart the whole "Descent into Darkness" scenario four times before I could actually finish it as a certain enemy had to be present.