[Middle] Human Alliance

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

rohezal

[Middle] Human Alliance

Post by rohezal »

Did you chance the balance?

I can't beat the map. Tried it 2 days, read the guide. I did it like the guide said, it is for me nearly impossible (even with a lot of loats, never did this before this map). Killing the troll leads to an overrun ally. Sorry but I think this map is way to hard.

Is there a way to skip it?

PS: I am an average player I think, played some campaigns of Wesnoth, Heroes of Might and Magick 3 (completed) and almost the Vanilla Version or HoMM5 (yes the ridicoulus hard one).
taptap

Re: [Middle] Human Alliance

Post by taptap »

Yes, it is ridiculously hard to the point of being plainly unbalanced / impossible. There is another thread about this scenario in strategy&tips forum. On the other hand difficulty relaxes after that.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
jazzykat

Re: [Middle] Human Alliance

Post by jazzykat »

I have replayed the campaign 4 times (1.10.4) to continuously improve my recall list. The scenario before steals all my L3 (except loyal units). I have fielded powerful armies and used multiple strategies most recently luring a significant portion of the southern orcs into the forest to get slaughtered by my sharp shooters, while taking out the troll leader and repelling multiple waves from the northern orcs. I even leveled 2 shydes vs. the trolls but there were so many of them.

I found the dwarves to be relatively useless in this battle and the campaign in general. Guardsmen can hold choke points in the north on hills but I never got them to L2 or better because they do not compliment the overwhelmingly elven strategy and the 30% defense in the forest and plains just SUCKS.

I got pretty far on my last attempt but I was taking villages for almost no gain (I recruited 2 horsemen who couldn't get enough villages to make it worthwhile).

Should I bother with dwarves (mostly stock recall list) or just use my far superior elven army (many L2 Fighters, a few sharp shooters, L3 Wizard shamans, L2 Wizard shamans, and 1 L3 Healer and 2 L2 Healers)?