Tides of War

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eonas

Tides of War

Post by Eonas »

Hey all,

I'm having serious difficulty beating Tides of War on Soldier (hardest) difficulty and version 1.10.1. I survived Pebbles in the Flood for 17 turns, I believe (Mages arrive on turn 7). I have a bunch of high-level units, but every time my line gets ripped through by a full assault of high level undead. I simply can't hold it. I've tried recruiting lots and lots of footpads, and they hold the line decently-ish until my mages arrive, but when they do arrive, they aren't that much use due to the fact that as soon as they attack anything, Draugs easily knock them out on their turn. For that matter, whenever I expose anything high level at all, it generally dies on the next turn. I've heard of the "Footpad train" strategy several times now, but am unsure of what this actually is.

Any advice would be appreciated.
perseo

Re: Tides of War

Post by perseo »

Well, I've beaten this scenario in the hardest difficulty and all I can remember is I managed to gain terrain in my turns, I mean, with my footpads (I only recalled a couple of levelled units) I kill two of his units and I fill the gaps and so on, after a while I was near enough to attack his leader (BTW I didn't received any mages coz I wanted a challenge and I committed suicide in the scenario before :mrgreen: ). I guess I had lot of levelled footpads, coz killing one enemy gives you xp enough to advance a level of this smart intelligent guys.
See ya!
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower