Strategies?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

uncleshelby

Re: Strategies?

Post by uncleshelby »

If you are playing a scenario in which there is a river, you can place units on the bank of it, and when enemy units go in it, they have 20% defence a lot of the time. Of course this doesn't go for undead.
Timshel
ChefAlecs

Post by ChefAlecs »

uncleshelby wrote:If you are playing a scenario in which there is a river, you can place units on the bank of it, and when enemy units go in it, they have 20% defence a lot of the time. Of course this doesn't go for undead.
Undeads can't get wet?
uncleshelby

Post by uncleshelby »

Hmm, I guess that only applies to ghosts. I always thought skeletons had good defense in water...
Timshel
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

uncleshelby wrote:Hmm, I guess that only applies to ghosts. I always thought skeletons had good defense in water...
Bad defense yes, but the skelly just doesn't care if a spearman hits him on 20% or 50%.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

He do care if his enemy exchanges a spear for a morning star.
ChefAlecs

Post by ChefAlecs »

Insinuator wrote:He do care if his enemy exchanges a spear for a morning star.
D&D rules apply?

slash = 1/2 damage
blunt = full damage?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Click on a unit, mouse over the xp indicator in the panel on the right, it will show the units resistances. Alternatively, click on a unit and hit 'd'.

If you don't know about resistances that might explain why you were having trouble comprehending counters.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Often

Post by Often »

Ok, popping back in here again to say that I think there is a lot of good advice here as you will also find if you click the 'play' link at the top of the page, but at the end of the day I think that the best thing to do if your ego can survive a loss or two is to keep playing and see what works and what does not, while developing your own style and approach.
Now, all that being said, as far as my own personal experience 'remember why you are there' is still the best advice I can offer.
Maiklas3000

Post by Maiklas3000 »

There are many possible winning strategies. There is terrain and spam, healing and spam, lines and spam, flanking and spam, illumination leadership and other auras and spam, spam leadership and spam, spam terrain spam healing spam spam lines and spam, spam assassination spam blitz spam spam spam with spam diversion and spam, or a classic Hannibal style feint advance and subsequent fake retreat in open ground to lure the enemy into an encirclement trap... with spam.