THoT - scenario 12 - help!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Golden_Soldier

THoT - scenario 12 - help!

Post by Golden_Soldier »

ive been playing through THoT and I got to the last level and I found it very very very very hard
I lost pretty much all my units by the white teams keep on easy :augh: does anybody have any tips about this scenario that will make it a little easier (its a little embarrasing to lose that bad on easy :oops: )
Maiklas3000

Re: THoT - scenario 12 - help!

Post by Maiklas3000 »

Sometimes scenarios can be harder on easy than on hard, because there is less XP available to level your units during the campaign. If you don't have a Mage of Light and a White Mage, then go back and replay previous scenarios. Postpone your combat against the boss Lich until the end (now that you know where he is), especially if you need to level some troops.

You need to be patient. During battles, make lines and advance slowly.

If all else fails, once you have positive income, you could hit "next turn" until you have an overwhelming amount of gold, then purchase spam. The Liches don't spawn units until you get near them.

Remember that it's the last scenario. It doesn't matter if you have horrendous losses, so long as you win.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

As Maiklas3000 said, at least one WM is crucial until the end. Dwarves are a hard thing to plow through, and you probably will take a couple losses, even if played very carefully. The skeletons are no problem if you have a decent number of steelclads/lords and ghosts are taken down by pathfinders/explorers. So it's really about plowing through the dwarves without overwhelming losses. I kept a Lord or two with a WM to block the eastern lich's forces, and took out the western lich and Karrag with 4 lords, 2 steelclads, 2 explorers, and the mage with the staff of righteous flame.
Golden_Soldier

Post by Golden_Soldier »

not having white mages is a major problem... But whenever I try to level up a mage they always end up getting totally pwnd by dwarves and it takes so long to level them up that well I never got a white mage :oops:
sTi

Post by sTi »

as soon as u get thos free mages on scenario 8 start to level them..as they alredy hav som xp..
u need atleast 2 2nd/3rd lvl mages by last scenario...giving 1 of them that staff in the forest mission also helps..giv free kils to them wil help them lvl up fast..
sTi
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

I found this one fairly easy on easy difficulty. As there is no turn limit, just take as much time as you need, try to make sure all your units are close to full health, keep rotating injured units back for healing, etc etc. It took me I think 301 turns to finally complete, just be prepared to lose a few dwarvish lords at the final boss battle, there are several draugs around, and they are strong enough to easily kill full health dwarvish lords.
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

The gallery full of masked dwarves was my biggest challenge. You need a fair amount of fodder units, so that you can draw them out from their castles and pick them off one by one. After that, all you need is to use chokepoints to your advantage, and it goes pretty smoothly.

But yes, WMs and MoLs are pretty much a necessity.
silent

Post by silent »

You can wear down both the gallery dwarves and at the dwarves at the chokepoint fights long enough to develop some magi very quickly If you have angarthing at level 3 (which would be greatly surprising if you did not), and some stalwarts (or maybe even guardsmen if you can find a decent defensive hex). Angarthing can easily overcome the problem of being underground, the 10% fire resist and then some, which will allow a fair amount of damage by both magi and dwarves. There should be cave hexes at the start to set up a wall using guardsmen to lure out dwarves from the gallery onto flat tiles where they can be killed for xp, and used to level magi quickly (though since it seems you're rather desperate here, you may have to reload until you get an intelligent mage)

From there, up to you and good positioning, keeping your units unexposed (magi) or 2 hex maximum (dwarves) will help greatly.