Drakes or Undead 1vs1?

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rhaegar

Re: Drakes or Undead 1vs1?

Post by Rhaegar »

Of course Skeletons quickly take care of saurians, but since drakes have clashers and skeletons cannot stop them, a sensed strategy would be of course trying to keep saurs far from skeletons, using skirm ability to take villages and running away.

Most of the times, I dont get my own saurians killed, even in boards such Isar or even smaller, just think how fast they are compared to skulls.
A good tip when fighting undeads, IMHO, is clasher + saurian, saurian takes village, clasher defends, saurians flee, clasher sits into the village next turn.. You get that village fair and square, plus U have ur saurian back to try to steal another one.

We could give it a try Asap, btw. *_*
Yoyobuae

Post by Yoyobuae »

Sorry, I just don't see how that would work. One Dark Adept has a 50% probability of hitting both attacks. At night that means a dead saurian (or with 1 or 2HP left if resilient) or a Clasher with 5HP left. An skeleton or skeleton archer (or both) then finishes the job.
Rhaegar wrote:We could give it a try Asap, btw. *_*
Sorry, can't help you there. I only play drakes, from the moment start playing Wesnoth. So I wouldn't be a fair representation of how nasty can undeads be against careless drakes. Maybe someone else can help you there. One condition though, play 1v1 in a normal map (no Isar's sized map).
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Rhaegar, if you'd like, I'll play you a 1v1 and educate you on why clashers + saurians won't beat Undead.

The big question I have for you is, how are you going to get the skeleton/ghoul off of the village so that your saurian skirmisher can steal it?
TheSilentOne

Post by TheSilentOne »

I would have to go with undead here, no reason, just my own preference:)