another topic about drakes! (since we don't have enough!)

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Araja

Re: another topic about drakes! (since we don't have enough!)

Post by Araja »

Keep the spirit alive, Peter :)
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

PeterPorty wrote:Jeeze man... I don't know, I tried to, but I couldn't win using this strategy...didn't have enough gold to burner-spam, all my burners died against the adepts when I attacked them at night...Sorry, but I dont think your strategy is very good :(
Try giving yourself a starting advantage in terms of gold, and then "forgetting" to mention it. ;)
offtopic
PeterPorty wrote:BTW Zarel, WTH is your avatar... I thought I knew what it was, but then I noticed it was to the wrong side...:hmm:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glider_(Conway's_Life)
It's a reversed Emblem, so it won't get confused with the Emblem as easily. Maybe I should change it to an LWSS or something.
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.
csarmi

Post by csarmi »

Zarel wrote: Try giving yourself a starting advantage in terms of gold, and then "forgetting" to mention it. ;)
Lol, talking about that, you wouldn't believe it, but already happened several times to me. I join the game, guy sets his gold to 800 and starts asap...
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

Zarel wrote:
PeterPorty wrote:BTW Zarel, WTH is your avatar... I thought I knew what it was, but then I noticed it was to the wrong side...:hmm:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glider_(Conway's_Life)
It's a reversed Emblem, so it won't get confused with the Emblem as easily. Maybe I should change it to an LWSS or something.
yeah, as soon as I saw it I thought it was the emblem, but then i realized it was flipped... :D thankx for answering... 8)
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Zarel wrote:
Hulavuta wrote:I don't know if you're joking as well, but Saurians aren't really useless.
Oh, come on. He says:
Anyone who didn't pick our posts up as a joke shouldn't be playing Wesnoth in the first place...
right in the next post.
I was talking about Rigor's post, not the original,
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

hm well u know

u can win with only drakes even against good opponents, depends mainly on the map/fraction u play against. u dont need to invest in too many saurs when u fight mainly during daytime and retreat always and ever when its night. but generally i think this thread is not to be taken too serious ;)
Araja

Post by Araja »

What!?
But we were giving such good advice! :augh:

That was sarcasm, I know it's not a serious thread too :P
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Rigor wrote:hm well u know

u can win with only drakes even against good opponents, depends mainly on the map/fraction u play against. u dont need to invest in too many saurs when u fight mainly during daytime and retreat always and ever when its night. but generally i think this thread is not to be taken too serious ;)

It's possible, however easier with Saurians.

Also, I hate being a nazi, but it's "faction" not "fraction."
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i dont think that u cant use both words. faction like facere lat to make and fractus lat broken seem to be both valid for that purpose.

like, faction people who do things together e.g. a tribe
or, fraction like, a part of a multitude of races e.g. wesnoth? ;)
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

Uhhh... no, it's Faction... no further discussion... I have to agree witht the girl here, Saurians are extremely usefull, and sure, you can win by using only drakes... as when you use orcs you could win with only goblings and trolls, but thats not the idea...
EDIT: Btw, I know it's a "he", I'm jk, just a little joke we have... :mrgreen: yeah...
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
Elvish_Conquerer

Post by Elvish_Conquerer »

LMFAO

This was so funny

At first I thought, wow humble much, but as I read on I thought, This guy's a loser, then I thought about it and realized that it was a joke. Made me laugh for several minutes. Thanks for the day brightening!

Cheerfully,

Elvish Conquerer
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
Tarsus

Post by Tarsus »

LOL, at first I thought you were serious. I was thinking, attacking a dark adept with a burner at night? Nice thread guys. By the way, who in this post prefers drakes to any other faction? I'm torn between drakes and loyalists, or maybe rebels.
darksaurian

Post by darksaurian »

I like drakes the best because they always lose with my nOOB strategies. They really force me to learn to play the game right.
TheSilentOne

Post by TheSilentOne »

"one of the greatest drake players of ALL time.''
haha, nice guide:), I am sure that some people that are not reading the comments are gonna fall for it.
Yoyobuae

Post by Yoyobuae »

Tarsus wrote:LOL, at first I thought you were serious. I was thinking, attacking a dark adept with a burner at night? Nice thread guys. By the way, who in this post prefers drakes to any other faction? I'm torn between drakes and loyalists, or maybe rebels.
I have been a drake player since day one. Still haven't mastered them though. :lol2: