Slow vs. drain

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aethaeryn
Translator

Re: Slow vs. drain

Post by Aethaeryn »

ParadiseCity wrote:A berserk unit is hard to keep alive if in the front lines, and a drain of recruit gold and up keep if its just sitting behind your lines waiting for a chance to attack.
It's often a psychological weapon, especially if it promotes.
Pentarctagon wrote:however, berserker goes for 30 rounds of combat, not 2. so the opponent must either have a unit designed to counter the drain berserker (probably some kind of undead unit), or be willing to risk one or more unit in killing the berserker. charge, however, only activates on offense, so it is much less deadly.
Or you could kill them both in ranged.

On a semi-related note, poison, charge, slow, and berserk are all better than drain at getting leaders critically injured or killed with a little bit of luck. (And it happens more often than you might think.)

I propose a unit with poison/charge/slow/berserk/drain/marksman/steadfast/nightstalk/skirmish.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Darkaros

Post by Darkaros »

I propose we bring back the Elven Lady's 1-1 Dummy Punch attack, and then give her poison/charge/slow/berserk/drain/marksman/steadfast/nightstalk/skirmish/AMBUSH to balance out her weakness and lack of use in Umc's.

...I'm only half joking. (Also, wouldn't poison/berserk be redundant unless the berserking unit dies?)
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Darkaros wrote:(Also, wouldn't poison/berserk be redundant unless the berserking unit dies?)
Yes, but in theory, whoever kills the poison/berserk unit will die the next turn, having taken significant damage in the berserk fight. It then becomes a powerful defense to a berserk unit because one may not want to sacrifice a strong unit to take it out.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
jmegner

Post by jmegner »

Darkaros wrote:I propose we bring back the Elven Lady's 1-1 Dummy Punch attack, and then give her poison/charge/slow/berserk/drain/marksman/steadfast/nightstalk/skirmish/AMBUSH to balance out her weakness and lack of use in Umc's.

...I'm only half joking. (Also, wouldn't poison/berserk be redundant unless the berserking unit dies?)
and backstab!
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

and why marksman? why not magical? or, better yet, precision :shock: .
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Albaby

Post by Albaby »

i'd like to have slow/magical shammy :roll: