Count Kromire: The Conquest of House Michbie

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dynamo-Nath

Re: Count Kromire: The Conquest of House Michbie

Post by Dynamo-Nath »

I started the scenario with more gold and on easy so there is clearly no reason why I shouldn't be able to do it with a bit more thought :)
Dynamo-Nath

Post by Dynamo-Nath »

Ha ha! Done it! Rushing forwards was the key rather than trying to turtle my way to the keep!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Congratulations

I have decided to post the replays anyway so that if anyone else has any problem with any part of the campaign they can reference them.

These replays are for the 1.7 version.
Attachments
Count Kromire Replays.zip
(333.08 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Ruksa

Post by Ruksa »

My difficulty with this scenario was due to my initial setup, and my attempts to keep the peasants alive. If you finish scenario 1 with.... 10 bloodborn all 1 exp. away from levelling, then you are at a disadvantage compared to having a single level 2 unit(other than kromire/igor), since the bloodborn become worthless once you can recruit (14 or 15 gold?) lv 1 units so why recall a lv 0 for 20 gold? focus your exp in the first two levels to make this one easier, send bats to grab far off villages (and divide the enemy) then rush the central fortress, while the serfs fall by the wayside like so much chaff. Unclear objectives (kill as few peasants as possible) made this one harder than it needed to be. Is there a bonus for not killing them? I didn't attack the peasants but they went kamikaze and only two survived. The remaining two levelled so technically there were no peasants by the end of the scenario.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It's pretty hard to level a bloodborn all the way to level 2 on the first scenario and malborns don't really make things all that much easier.

In scenario 3 you are fine 'killing' them. Kromire mentions to his warriors to beat them down with the flats and such. You can break them all you want but he wants to avoid losing their blood to the ground.

Later when you retake your castle you have to try to avoid 'killing' the pesants because you need them both alive and uninjured. When this happens you will see the objectives ammended to show that there is a bonus for not killing them.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
silent

Post by silent »

even though it was a while ago, thanks to this thread, which actually convinced me to get EoM and this campaign.

I wonder how much different versions affect how easy this scenario is? I played on medium 1.6.5 and Michbie only recruited a few blood apprentices. I think what was key was eliminating units at night, defend at day, keeping level 2's on villages that can be attacked from 3 sides and to distract his bats with your own if possible, to avoid them finishing your injured units off.

And anyways, this is nothing compared to the last scenario, which is way more difficult, but fun.
Ruksa

Post by Ruksa »

To level a bloodborn in scen. 1 i turned the therian in the northern forests and fed as many kills as possible (including the two level 2 units) to him, using the other bloodborn as fodder. This made the earlier scenarios much easier.
Sorry if this is off-topic but it's the closest thread i can find.
I tried to sustain the peasants in the scenario where you retake your castle and most of them died anyway... what exactly was the bonus for not killing them? The final scene is pretty rough.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

When you retake your castle every peasant you can keep alive is bonus gold for the last scenario.

EDIT: More specifically it's a bonus of 20 gold per peasant but is subject to the scenario ending penalty.

EDIT2: The best way to keep them alive is to provide things for them to use their ranged attack