Northern Rebirth- East Flank

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Juan-

Northern Rebirth- East Flank

Post by Juan- »

Well, I need tips to pass the scenario of East Flank, were appear Rakshas at the begin of the scenario, but then he go away and left some leaders in a great castle, in the first turn, the enemy recruit at least 50 units, and I only recruit 14 or 15 units, because I have Drakes as allies.
Please someone help me.
Mnewton1 code acolite...
confirmtrash

Re: Northern Rebirth- East Flank

Post by confirmtrash »

http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/Northern_Re ... n_Fortress

I assume thats the scenario you mean, as east flank doesn't exist.

Read the sticky, you just posted a "help me" post that does everything the sticky says you shouldn't.

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8296
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

Excuse me, its Eastern Fortress, no East Flank.
Mnewton1 code acolite...
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Also, that walkthrough was written fro a much older version of the game. The Eastern Fortress map has changed a lot since then. The basic idea still applies, but the nuances will be rather different. There are also some more risky strategies you coould try, namely using one turn's recalls and all you starting units to clear a single recruiting space on the enemy fortress (preferably killing a leader in the process) and then moving Tallin on to it and recalling a bunch of powerful units in hexes adjacent to the enemy leaders. They might well die, but you'll finish much more quickly than if you try to kill all the units progressively. The drakes should still be used to screen and distract the enemy as much as possible, here.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
friar tuck

Post by friar tuck »

thespaceinvader wrote:Also, that walkthrough was written fro a much older version of the game. The Eastern Fortress map has changed a lot since then. The basic idea still applies, but the nuances will be rather different. There are also some more risky strategies you coould try, namely using one turn's recalls and all you starting units to clear a single recruiting space on the enemy fortress (preferably killing a leader in the process) and then moving Tallin on to it and recalling a bunch of powerful units in hexes adjacent to the enemy leaders.
Indeed. Contrary to the walkthrough, I moved all drakes out of the mountains as fast as possible, over the river (together with the liches, shyde, sorceress and spectre), to grab villages and coax the orcs into attacking from water, while talinn together with the mages and lots of dwarven lords slowly hacked his way through the mountains (a bunch of dwarven lords surrounding a white mage in the mountains is pretty much invincible, and very deadly when backed by a lvl4 leader).

By the time talinn arrived at the fortress, the second group had already advanced to the eastern shore, leveled up a lot of drakes and Krash had gained lots of gold (the western mountain villages are pretty much free for the taking once the orcs concentrate primarily on defending the fortress). The arrival of the drakes (and spectre and...) behind the defending forces caused enough confusion that in fact a recruiting space was left alone, so Krash could just fly there and recruit lots of clashers all over the fortress... It ended very fast after that.
Nico1920

Post by Nico1920 »

I really can't win this (v1.10, medium difficulty, Tallin 357g, Krash 365g, lots of Dwarvish Lord to recall and all the loyal starting units). I don't really want to lost Zlex, Camerin, Abahi, and the Elfs.

I would be very grateful if someone can post a replay.

I have tried all the proposed strategies, without success.

Strategies based on take the Island, or the west shore at the south:

These strategies are not working at all. I have tried them supporting with fugitives, griphons, or both, and with or without support of the drakes. With these strategies I always end up losing the elfs, the mage, the spectre, or my peasant loyal friend (who is a Master Bowman). Sometimes I send them with Tallin, and they survive a bit longer.

Strategies based on block the path with tallin in the village next to the hills:

This doesn't work either. Sooner or later, some wolf riders and orcish assasin will reach the back of my troops through the south. Killing my weakest units. I could try to accept the casualties, and try to go ahead, but I run out of turns. I don't really want to lost Camerin, Abahi, the Bowman and the Elfs.

Strategies based on a quick assault to the keep and recall from there:

Is this really possible?? I mean, There are like 200 hundred units there!! I have tried it, but honestly, if someone has done this I think that was just good luck. Tallin is stuck surrounded by hundreds of units near tothe hills. He can deal with them anyway, but cannot go any further. In addition, with only one keep of Dwarvish Lords in the mountains, the weakest loyal units will not survive.
I will presume that the suggestions about do this strategy with Krash are ironic jokes. Maybe was possible in some older alfa version, but as I see it, is probabilistically nonsense.

Please help!!
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

Did you try a conservative approach? Have the humans and some dwarves form a line on the south peak of the mountains to the north. The diagonal west with drakes and dwarves and close in as more and more enemies fall. Your gold may seem a bit low, you might wanna wait with recruitment till the last second to amass some more gold. Send the white mages to slow down enemies and zap every quick riders with liches. Also, don't forget to claim Krashs villages for Tallin lt doesn't matter much if he goes negative.

Hey, you could post a beginning of scenario save so I can give it a shot one of these days.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!