Campaign details

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Fundin

Campaign details

Post by Fundin »

Ive been playing Wesnoth for about 2 weeks. I have started the campaigns again after getting stuck on level 8. I didnt actually realise you could take units to the next scenarios :? and couldn't make any progress on 8!

Is there any list detailing the secnarios, the names, and some info on it, like if your gold carries over, and your troops etc. Im playing from the start again but it would help me alot if i knew this stuff.

Thx
Na'enthos

Post by Na'enthos »

Which campaign? Heir to the Throne?
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

In Heir to the Throne, your gold always carries over, and your units always carry over, except for in Isles of the Damned.

Even in Isled of the Damned though, you get your gold and troops back next scenario.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Fundin

Post by Fundin »

Dave wrote:In Heir to the Throne, your gold always carries over, and your units always carry over, except for in Isles of the Damned.

Even in Isled of the Damned though, you get your gold and troops back next scenario.

David
Yes sorry Heir to the throne. Posting at work so couldn't check :wink:

Is there a list aroudn though? Be nice to know how many more scenarios i have to go to finish. Theres only so many late nights i can take :shock: :D

Thx
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

the campaign isn't 'finished' yet, so there isn't any point you can get to and say 'i've won!'.

i think currently there are about 25 scenarios, though.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Fundin wrote:
Dave wrote:In Heir to the Throne, your gold always carries over, and your units always carry over, except for in Isles of the Damned.

David
Yes sorry Heir to the throne. Posting at work so couldn't check :wink:

Is there a list aroudn though? Be nice to know how many more scenarios i have to go to finish. Theres only so many late nights i can take :shock: :D
Bah that'd ruin all the fun if you knew what was next :-p

Do you ask for a list of all the scenes before you see a movie? :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Actually, it would be kind of nice to be able to see how long a Campaign was in the Campaign Selection screen. "Heir to the Throne: 25 scenarios", "Rise of Wesnoth: 18 scenarios", etc.

Of course, then there's the problem of multiple campaign branches.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Sangel wrote:Actually, it would be kind of nice to be able to see how long a Campaign was in the Campaign Selection screen. "Heir to the Throne: 25 scenarios", "Rise of Wesnoth: 18 scenarios", etc.

Of course, then there's the problem of multiple campaign branches.
I think it'd be better to categorize campaigns into general categories:

'Skirmish': eight or less scenarios
'Adventure': nine to sixteen scenarios
'Epic': seventeen or more scenarios

David
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Actually, I was thinking of doing a sort of guide to "Heir to the Throne".

It would be sort of a walkthrough/FAQ, and provide tips on each scenario. Of course, as it keeps changing, I don't have any motivation to start.

But from what I've seen (as a pure player), there need not be any major changes up to Valley of Death. I would possibly suggest that Muff Malal's Peninsula be tweaked to give some advantages - the balance is such that it's almost certainly better to go the Isle of the Damned. Unless the intention is to make it so, since it is more difficult to kill the sea orc in Bay of Pearls.

Gryphon Mountain needs to be tweaked - it's tough to get to the gryphon nest if the loyalists recruit ogres on their first round.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Condor

Post by Condor »

Dave wrote:I think it'd be better to categorize campaigns into general categories:

Good idea, include it!
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

blackjack wrote:I would possibly suggest that Muff Malal's Peninsula be tweaked to give some advantages - the balance is such that it's almost certainly better to go the Isle of the Damned.
It is very easy to win the peninsula quickly, giving you lots of gold.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Dave wrote: I think it'd be better to categorize campaigns into general categories:

David
I like this idea. It's very Wesnothian.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Gafgarion

Post by Gafgarion »

Sangel wrote:
Dave wrote: I think it'd be better to categorize campaigns into general categories:

David
I like this idea. It's very Wesnothian.
This idea is Llama-approved!
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Fundin

Post by Fundin »

Gafgarion wrote:
Sangel wrote: I like this idea. It's very Wesnothian.
This idea is Llama-approved!
Yep this would be nice, as a newbie id find it useful to see how long it might take me to play the scenario. Its the same with the player made ones, i like the way you know on heir ones.
Circon

Post by Circon »

We'd need more campaigns first, though, as currently they all seem to be heading towards Epic... Hmm, is "Son of the Black Eye" an Adventure? Hvane't checked it recently.
The mini-campaign might be nice to add as a skirmish (hint, hint)