Children of dragon help

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Griffin

Children of dragon help

Post by Griffin »

i need help with the first mission in the downloadable campain Children of Dragons. can anybody help?
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

I didn't play the campaign with the late updates, so my advices may be totally obsolete. I hope they aren't...

If I remember well, you have to face 2 drake ennemies. As you can't recruit anything but drakes, you should go for clashers, nothing else (or maybe 1 scout for village grabbing at the beginning).

As often against AI, playing secure and defensive should ensure victory with minimal loss, which means :
- form lines to avoid 1 unit being attacked by 3 or 4.
- try to remain in village where you have 40% and regen instead of 30% (poor difference but it still matters)
- don't go for mass killing the south-west opponent, despite temptation, if you can be severely countered by the south-east one. Sometimes, doing nothing is the smartest move.

You can choose who to level as you have nice odds to hit, i'd suggest to choose 1 or 2 strong and/or resilient clashers and let them always be the last hitters, and always put them in a covered or disuasive position (a position where AI would prefer to hit another unit).
If you have any secure opportunity for your leader to kill, it should be priority over your favourite clashers.

One thing you can always count on is that a AI will always attack where he has the best chance to kill, would it be your units or the other AI's ones. Thus, try to expose full health units so that AIs attack each other. Then, as an ugly opportunist, you can finish off almost dead units without losing much HP which will still disuade AI to attack you.
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown
Elvish Vanquisher

Post by Elvish Vanquisher »

I think it is best if you let the other two kill each other then kill the rest!
Tanis Half-Elven

Post by Tanis Half-Elven »

I recruited 4 clashers and 1 glider at the beginning. Then I went straight towards the southern drake, since his forces were too busy fighting the eastern drake to pay any attention to me. I pretty much murdered him, then slaughtered the eastern drake, lvling my clasher into a Slasher in the process.
Elvish Vanquisher

Post by Elvish Vanquisher »

I would agree that clashers are the best drake for this scenrio, does anyone know how to do the second mission in the caves?
krotop
2009 Map Contest Winner

Post by krotop »

This thread should help you.
Don't trust me, I'm just average player.
Game feedback for the Nightmares of Meloen
Art feedback by mystic x the unknown