You think a faction is overpowered? Come here!

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TL

Post by TL »

Macjack wrote:oh sorry forgive me please

but if you take a look at the basic units(fighter,archer)
you see that the elvish fighters and elvish archer are the best
Elf fighters are actually very average. It's true that elf archers are a little more powerful than the average archer but that's why they cost more too.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Macjack wrote:but if you take a look at the basic units(fighter,archer)
you see that the elvish fighters and elvish archer are the best
It is meaningless to look at individual units in isolation. Units aren't balanced against each other, factions are balanced against each other.
Elerium

Post by Elerium »

Hey guys, in my opinion I think Undead is sort of overpowered against Loyalists. Undead churns out Skeletons and Dark Adepts, and most of the Loyalist arsenal is melee based, so the Undead more or less nullifies it, and the Heavy Infantry if they're having a bad run can miss constantly against the Skeletons & Skeleton Archers meaning they can become overwhelmed, as well as having the mobility/defense penalties, but either way the Undead player can just send a couple of Ghosts to keep them endlessly busy.

The Dark Adepts also seem to be superior in most aspects to the Mages in that they are used in an offensive role, as well as being drastically cheaper. Cavalrymen and Horsemen can attack the Dark Adepts, but when allowed to rally they're as good as dead, especially at night when they start blasting them, so to me it only seems that the Loyalists have around 2 units at best to fight Undead, with the Mages are too weak to act in a supportive role with HI's meaning they get overwhelmed too. Making Spearmen and Bowmen is pointless, at least from what I gather.

Just my opinion anyway, am I doing something wrong? (If so I'd like a few pointers :wink:)
nebula955

Post by nebula955 »

spearmen ARE necessary for defense, and the cavalry is nice when ur oppenonet has a lot of adpets and skeletons..cold and blade resists.
playtom

Post by playtom »

Hey guys, in my opinion I think Undead is sort of overpowered against Loyalists
heavy infantry clearly dominate over the skeletons, as you can see, the impact attack is quite good against them, and the heavy infantry armor won't be easily penetrated by pierce or blade. and if player are lucky enough to have white mages/fire mages they can deal devasting damage to undead.

personally i don't think any faction is overpowered. many expert players will agree with me on this one too. a faction may only be overpowered if are facing another faction that clearly has advantage over them, but none the less, strategy influence greatly on this.
evolved around the confined environment, emotions, knowledge and events mixed into my life, mere mortal am i, trying to climb higher up the ladder, time passes, just then i realized, death will part me eventually. - playtom's philosophy
Herduk

Post by Herduk »

Elerium wrote:Hey guys, in my opinion I think Undead is sort of overpowered against Loyalists
Prove it.
I don't play well with Loyalist, but we can make a game or two and see.
When you are on MP server?
Don't bother a dwarf.. you can argue with his hammer!
Elerium

Post by Elerium »

Any time from 12:00PM (GMT) and above, I also hang out on #wesnoth if you want to find me also.
Faello

Post by Faello »

TL wrote:Elf fighters are actually very average. It's true that elf archers are a little more powerful than the average archer but that's why they cost more too.
Well, they cost only 14gp - imo it's very cost-efficient unit.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Herduk

Post by Herduk »

Elerium wrote:Any time from 12:00PM (GMT) and above, I also hang out on #wesnoth if you want to find me also.
Thursday 6.00 pm Rome time, ok? :)
Elerium

Post by Elerium »

Yeah sure :)
Lorbi

Post by Lorbi »

so? let us know the end of it ...
unsung

Post by unsung »

I literally always play loyalist, and the only time they are weak against undead is on isars cross when they have ghouls- and Isars cross just doesn't count.

And about elves- Elvish fighters suck.
the second yo u lure those pansies out of the forest they get eaten alive- or you can just kill them in the forest. Sure, it's harder, but you can still do it.
Maeglin Dubh wrote:
I've said too much. I have to kill you all now to protect the Plan.
"NO! NO! NO! YOU will die!"
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Herduk

Post by Herduk »

Lorbi wrote:so? let us know the end of it ...
I asked elrium to move the match to tomorrow, same hour (6.00 pm rome time) because today i've to do some urgent work at job. :)

Then i will post the replay (don't laugh too loud please :P)
Lacotemale

Post by Lacotemale »

I love Elves so much they are my fav... I think Woses really suck though, Woses seem to get their ass kicked by everything I mean everything and anything. They are such a waste of gold! :(
Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
playtom

Post by playtom »

lacotemale wrote:
I think Woses really suck though, Woses seem to get their ass kicked by everything I mean everything and anything. They are such a waste of gold!
heh, ever seen the wose resistance?good against everything but 0% resistance to blades, and -50% to fire, you could call them the heavy infantry of the elves in contrast to the loyalist, even though their highest defense is 40%, their high hp in harmony with their regenerate ability will definitely makes them stand out, no doubt about that (50+hp at level 1 plus regenerate?nice! :D ), as far as i'm concerned, only fire attacks pose as a serious threat to the wose.
evolved around the confined environment, emotions, knowledge and events mixed into my life, mere mortal am i, trying to climb higher up the ladder, time passes, just then i realized, death will part me eventually. - playtom's philosophy