Can't beat this level

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Blade332
Posts: 14
Joined: September 4th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Can't beat this level

Post by Blade332 »

It from the campaign under the burning sun. I don'
t remember the name of the level, but its where you are underground, and you need to go through this lava chamber and beat the trolls i think. i can't get there in time. And when i do, the lava hs so udderly destroyed my forces that all the level 2 troll beaters pummel me. Stupid fire pheonixes >.<
RPG- http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47028910

It's an RPG about vampires fighting werewoves. Check it out.
scott
Posts: 5242
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 12:35 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Re: Can't beat this level

Post by scott »

Blade332 wrote:It from the campaign under the burning sun. I don'
t remember the name of the level, but its where you are underground, and you need to go through this lava chamber and beat the trolls i think. i can't get there in time. And when i do, the lava hs so udderly destroyed my forces that all the level 2 troll beaters pummel me. Stupid fire pheonixes >.<
Side with the trolls.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
User avatar
turin
Lord of the East
Posts: 11662
Joined: January 11th, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by turin »

Don't go over to the dark side... the dwarves need your help...

I would say, use the Desert Shyde units, several of them. Healing is really important on this level, because all of your units get damaged.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Blade332
Posts: 14
Joined: September 4th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Post by Blade332 »

turin wrote:Don't go over to the dark side... the dwarves need your help...

I would say, use the Desert Shyde units, several of them. Healing is really important on this level, because all of your units get damaged.
LOL, are the trolls really the dark side? Or is that just some note planted in our mind by LOTR, i actually agonized over that decision, the trolls made a compelling arguement.

But thanks, i'll try that, cause i got frustrated with the level, went wiggy, and deleted all of my under the burning suns game data :P
RPG- http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47028910

It's an RPG about vampires fighting werewoves. Check it out.
User avatar
zookeeper
WML Wizard
Posts: 9742
Joined: September 11th, 2004, 10:40 pm
Location: Finland

Post by zookeeper »

Blade332 wrote:
turin wrote:Don't go over to the dark side... the dwarves need your help...

I would say, use the Desert Shyde units, several of them. Healing is really important on this level, because all of your units get damaged.
LOL, are the trolls really the dark side? Or is that just some note planted in our mind by LOTR, i actually agonized over that decision, the trolls made a compelling arguement.
Indeed. The dwarves are killing the little trolls just for some shiny rocks. :cry: Dwarves are evil, trolls are good. Side with the trolls.
User avatar
Elvish_Pillager
Posts: 8129
Joined: May 28th, 2004, 10:21 am
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.
Contact:

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

You agonized over the decision? Of course you did. Those dwarves were EXTREMELY agonizing! Trolls good, dwarves bad.

On the other hand, you do have to remember that your own side is evil too. You might want to side with the dwarves to stay in character.

On the third hand, the character of evil is to let this be merely an alliance of expedience. The dwarves' scenario is hard, so allying with the trolls is expedient, and you should ally with the trolls ANYWAY.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Tmoiy
Posts: 72
Joined: February 28th, 2005, 6:10 am
Location: yonder

Post by Tmoiy »

Is it common opinion that the troll scenario (that is, the one where you're fighting them) is harder? I allied with both in an attempt to see who was the good guys. I beat the dwarf level only by the skin of my teeth and without a turn to spare after a dozen tries, and the troll's dungeon with considerably more ease.
pqueiro
Posts: 44
Joined: January 18th, 2006, 1:07 am
Location: Lisboa, Portugal, EU

Post by pqueiro »

The key to that level is desert shydes and desert stars, the more the merrier. By keeping them bunched together and close to your troops you can keep everyone healed decently, and they can zip over to those fire thingies and make short work of them. Don't take slow units, have your shydes/stars do all the work over the lava, use the water puddle at the bottom of the cave to heal your troops before the last push. Sometimes one of the troll shamans gets a weird urge to jump into the lava when you get there, which also helps.
Had I been present at the Creation I would've given some hints as to the better ordering of the Universe...
scott
Posts: 5242
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 12:35 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Post by scott »

Yes. Fighting the dwarves is a hundred times easier. Side with the trolls!
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Blade332
Posts: 14
Joined: September 4th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Post by Blade332 »

Is fighting the dwarves really easier? If so, ill do that this time, plus i felt bad for the trolls, they are powerful allies anyway, and hey, then i won't need to do the lava level! YAY..problem friggin solved :)

P.S Do the elves betray the dwarves in some other wesnoth campaign? Because when i side with the trolls they say i betrayed them again.
RPG- http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47028910

It's an RPG about vampires fighting werewoves. Check it out.
User avatar
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 2047
Joined: June 2nd, 2005, 11:37 am
Location: bridge of SSD Chimera

Post by Thrawn »

Blade332 wrote:Is fighting the dwarves really easier? If so, ill do that this time, plus i felt bad for the trolls, they are powerful allies anyway, and hey, then i won't need to do the lava level! YAY..problem friggin solved :)

P.S Do the elves betray the dwarves in some other wesnoth campaign? Because when i side with the trolls they say i betrayed them again.
dwarves and elves have a long history in most fantasy about hating them, becasue of a long ago treaty that was never fulfilled when the dwarves need help, so something of that nature.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
scott
Posts: 5242
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 12:35 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Post by scott »

Blade332 wrote:Is fighting the dwarves really easier?
Sharks with frickin laser beams vs. liquid hot mag-ma. You decide.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Blade332
Posts: 14
Joined: September 4th, 2006, 7:37 pm

Post by Blade332 »

Sharks? :shock:
RPG- http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47028910

It's an RPG about vampires fighting werewoves. Check it out.
User avatar
Xandria
Posts: 230
Joined: April 23rd, 2006, 5:10 pm
Location: Heart of Europe

Post by Xandria »

If compared according to difficulty, then yes, fighting the dwarves is easier - they can't regenerate, thus have a difficult time plugging up tunnels indefinitely, plus aren't chaotic, plus don't have those murderous shamen plus can't kill most of your units with one strike. So yes, fighting the ugly green guys is far more unpleasant that fighting the ugly bearded guys.
The fight against human stupidity is endless, but we must never give it up.
- Jan Werich
scott
Posts: 5242
Joined: May 12th, 2004, 12:35 am
Location: Alexandria, VA

Post by scott »

Xandria wrote:If compared according to difficulty, then yes, fighting the dwarves is easier - they can't regenerate, thus have a difficult time plugging up tunnels indefinitely, plus aren't chaotic, plus don't have those murderous shamen plus can't kill most of your units with one strike. So yes, fighting the ugly green guys is far more unpleasant that fighting the ugly bearded guys.
And don't forget about not having to walk through a cavern of lava with continuously spawning fire demons.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Post Reply